PART TWO

PART TWO: SAMMY'S POV

All I see is black, no color nor the person who laughs across the room. I can only hear voices. Sometimes it drives you crazy, only hearing voices at all times, not really knowing who or where it is.

Everything has to be so difficult. I can't walk around like a normal person, I have to feel around to know what something is or smell something you know what it is. I feel so out of place, like everyone is staring at me all the time. I don't take to people much but I can usually tell who the person is I am talking to you if I know you.

I feel like a charity case sometimes. People are trying to give me things and tell me that they are sorry for my loss as if one of my family members died. I would much rather people just leave me alone.

People cover their eyes with blind folds and stuff to make them not be able to see. But when you permanently can't see, that is different than putting a blind fold on. When you have to wake up every morning, knowing that you won't be able to know what you even look like that day truly sucks. Often times I lay awake at night, scared because I am hearing things. Its a struggle, not knowing if something or someone is in your room with you at night. You try to fight to see, blinking your eyes repeatedly even though you know that it won't get tour sight back.

People tell me that I have wavy brown hair and light brown eyes, that I dress pretty.

Ace calls me beautiful though

Nothing in the world will ever get him off of my mind. Its like he is permanently branded there...except its a brand that I want to keep forever.

He makes me all gitty inside. He gives me butterflies and he makes me blush all the time. He holds my hand. His hands are always soft and feel huge against mine. I love it.

His voice is deep but not too deep. His body is big and his touch is undeniably amazing. I want him to touch me all the time. I want him to be next to me all the time. When he isn't next to me, it makes me feel empty.

When I know that he is in the room with me but not next to me, I begin to feel frantic, like I need him.

Its a feeling that no one has ever given me. A feeling I didn't even know existed.

Its as if he makes all the trauma in my life disappear as if has never happened. He makes me feel brand new.

"Ace" I find myself saying, my head moving around as if looking for him.

"I'm here" he says, now right next to me

I reach out to his voice and he instantly has my hand in his. "What's wrong?" He asks "you can tell me"

I stare off into the darkness "I just need you to be next to me for a minute"

"As long as you need" he assures me

I smile and nod

He hands me a drink and I take a sip of it. "What is it?" I ask him, wincing at the burn in my throat.

"Tequila" he tells me "you seemed to like it last time"

I blush "it was good"

I sip more of it.

"You wanna dance?"

I bite my lip "I don't know..." I blush "I guess"

He leads me to what I'm guessing is the living room. An old, slow country song plays through the speakers. Every once in a while you will get those old classic songs that everyone knows at parties.