i place no one above the

Tracey rests her chin on my shoulder, her eyes closed and her hands around my waist. I lean forward in my chair, my hands folded and my knees bouncing up and down, nervously. My eyes stick on the white tile floor in front of me. My heart beats fast.

Every time a nurse walks past us in the waisting room I get excited, hoping that they are about to talk to us. But every time I get my hopes up they just walk on past us and then my body falls again.

"Is she okay?" I ask a nurse as she is about to walk by

"She is just fine" the nurse smiles

I make a face "then why isn't she allowed out?"

"Well, Mr. Miller, its more than that. We have to make sure she is okay and stable to go home." She explains

"Why can't I see her?" I ask "why can't I go in there?"

"She heavily sedated right now and asleep. She really needs her rest and we have to allow her to have that."

"When will I be able to see her?"

"As soon as she wakes up"

"Okay"

Tracey puts her hand on mine "its okay" she assures me "they said it themselves; she is just fine, she just needs sleep. You will be able to see her, she just is very mentally tired and we need to allow her to rest."

I nod my head and bite on my thumbnail, nervously "I just love her so much"

She smiles lightly "I know you do and that's why we need to be patient for her."

I remember her mom yelling up the stairs that I was going up to her room and no answer came back down. I just knew something wasn't right, she usually always hollars back down.

I walked into her room and saw that she wasn't there and then I saw that her bathroom door was closed. I had knocked on it and I didn't hear say anything back but I could hear the sobs coming from her.

When I opened the door, the first thing I saw was all of the blood and all of the pills on the floor. Her wrist was dripping and oozing blood whole she scrambled around for the pills.

I had picked her up into my arms and held her against me with all my might as she desperately tried to get to the pills on the floor.

She was crying and yelling at me. And when she asked me why I was letting her suffer...it tore my heart to shreds. That sentence has been haunting my head for the past twenty four hours. All I knew to do was just hold her and tell her that I loved her. I was too affriad that she was about to die without her knowing how I truley feel about her.

Never in my life have I ever seen anything so horrifying. It was a moment that I'll never forget, I will never be able to forget. And I'm sure she won't either.

I want to know why she did what she did. I want to know what is making her so unhappy that she would try to kill herself. Was it me? Did I do something to cause her to do that? If so, what? What could be so bad that doesn't involve me that I don't know about? Why wouldn't she talk to me or anybody if she was feeling so depressed? I cant imagine how hard it had to be but I just wish she would have talked to me.

I need to know all of this but I know that right now isn't such a good time to get into it.

"Ace" Sammy's mom says to me

"Yeah?"

She gives me a soft smile, her eyes red and puffy from crying "you have been here all night and half of today, maybe you should go home and get some rest yourself?"