a story to remain untold

ACE'S POV

She wakes up in the middle of the night, holding her head and saying my name.

I instantly get up and grab her pain reliever from the medicine cabinet and a bottle of water from the fridge.

She takes it and lays back down, cuddling up to my body.

I wonder if she remembers last night. If she did she would probably be freaking out.

I wake up with her multiple times during the night. She complains about her head and begins to cry for reasons remain untold.

I hold her as she cries, telling her that everything is going to be okay.

She eventually falls asleep and wakes up about an hour later, and the same thing happens again...and again

And again

But the thing is...I don't mind

I love it actually. It makes me feel great about myself. Like I'm helping her and making her feel better about herself.

"Hey, ace" she says at two o' cloc k in the afternoon.

We have both been up and down all night. Taking care of throw up, her puking, me cleaning it up, her head hurt, I get her medicine, she is crying, I hold her till she falls asleep. It was all a big cycle.

"Yeah?" I ask, waking up

She wears a pair of my boxers and my Led Zeppelin T-shirt. Her hair is messy but perfect like always. Her make up is completely off now.

"I'm sorry for keeping you up"

She is facing me, her eyes open.

I snuggle up to her, my body up against hers. "Don't worry about it"

She takes my shirt in her hand, rubbing the fabric between her fingers. "I'm glad I have you"

"I'm glad I have you too, Sammy"

She groans "I must have been drunk last night, like super drunk"

I chuckle "that's an understatement" I joke "you were drunk off of your ass"

She laughs "tell me I didn't do anything stupid"

"Stupid...no" I think about this "um...maybe out of character yes"

"What did I do? Just tell me"

I squeeze my eyes shut "maybe its better if we just don't talk about it"

"I'm not going to let it go, ace"

I scoot her closer to me "just go to sleep, Sammy"

Within minutes she is nocked out once again.

****

"Hey honey, its four in the afternoon, maybe you should wak-"

My mom stops talking when she sees Sammy in my bed. "Oh, sorry" she says

"She's asleep" I tell her "she has had a rough night. I have been up and down all night with her. She's just tired"

"What's wrong?"

"She drank and smoke too much last night. She has never done anything like that before"

"You are so lucky she is here right now because if she wasn't I would go off on you right now." She tells me "we will talk later"