too much

SAMMY'S POV

"I don't know what ace is doing as a job these days but he seems to be making money" Blake comments at my locker

"What do you mean?" I lean my back against the cold metal

"He wears a different suit every day and they look to be thousand dollar suits I must say" he tells me "different shoes every day. Jewelry that is definitely not just any jewelry. He has real diamond earrings in both ears."

"What?" I ask, shocked

Ace got his ears pierced? I never would have pegged him as the type. I guess Tracey really gets to him.

"Wow" I say, knowing exactly what he is doing. He is working for whoever Tracey is working for but doing God know what.

I don't tell Blake about how ace threatened him last week in class. He would freak out and report it or something and I don't want that.

I don't know what I did for ace to treat me like he is. I want to ask him but I honestly don't want to even be near him at this point. I'm too scared to because I never know what he is going to do next.

"He told me he has three thousand dollars in a savings account" I tell Blake "that was in two days that he got that money. He probably has like ten thousand by now. He told me all the money is going towards the baby"

"That's a lot of money in two days" he says "at least he is doing what he has to do for the baby"

My mouth hangs open "you are supporting him?"

"How he is treating you is wrong but to be honest, if I knew I was going to have a kid in like six months then I would act exactly how he is." He tells me "he's just scared, Sammy. He doesn't know what to do. He is clearly freaking out about it and I would be too. Knowing that you are about to be a father has to be stressful"

"Well what about me?!" I ask "I am a part of this too! I am stressed too but I'm not being a bitch about it!"

"Girls can cope with things like this" he says "guys don't know how to cope with things like this. Thats why we act like dicks when we find out our girl is pregnant. We just don't know what else to do."

I cross my arms "I still hate him"

"Yoy should talk to him. Tell him not to worry. Tell him that it'll be okay, that everything will work out"

"Yeah right"

"Guys need to hear that just like girls do"

I roll my eyes "I can't believe cyou are taking his side"

"Its not a matter of whose side I'm on, its what is right"

I groan "fine, where is he?"

Blake takes me down the hall, his hand in mine.

"Cuz I'm a sexy muthafucka" I hear ace say

"Sexy my ass" johnny replies

Blake stops me and the voices I was hearing fall silent and a hush falls over the crowd.

"Ace" Blake says

"Blake" ace says, his tone smooth and mellow as if he doesn't have a care in the world.

Blake kisses my cheek and walks away

My hands become sweaty and I begin to become nervous.

"Um...we should talk" I say, my voice wobbly

"Why?" He asks and I feel his eyes on me

"Because we have to stop fighting for no reason."

"What if I don't want to stop?" He asks

My heart speeds up and not in a good way.

"Can we just talk...alone?"

"How do you know we aren't alone?"

I narrow my eyes "because your putting on a show. I realized that you only act like a dick when you have an audience"

I hear a few snickers

I feel him hand on my arm and then him tug me along. I try to wrench my arm free but he doesn't let go.

"Get off" I say, trying to remove his fingers

He doesn't pay attention

"Ace, that hurts" I whimper

He suddenly let's go and I trip, falling to the floor.

I let out a groan as my stomach gets a little impact from the fall. I sit up and clutch my stomach. "Ah" I groan

"Oh my gosh, baby I'm so sorry" ace says and I feel his strong arms pull me to his chest "are you okay?"

I nod against his chest "why do always want to hurt me?" I hear myself ask

He freezes against me "I don't want to hurt you"

"You sure have a hell of a way of showing it"

"How the fuck else do you want me to act?!"

I push away from him "there it is!" I say, standing up "you don't give a fuck about me! All you care about is yourself and how you look at the end of the day!"

"That's not true!" I can feel his face right in front of mine

"Yes it is!" I back up away from him "I loved you so much, ace! Your throwing that all away right now! Now I hate you, ace!"

"You dont hate me" he says, as if trying to make himself believe it

"Yeah I fucking do!"

"I'm sorry for everything, Sammy...I'm so sorry" he says, slipping a hand to the back of my neck "I don't know why I'm acting like this"

"Your scared" I say. I can't help but to react to his touch. I put my hand on his arm. "And I understand. I'm scared too" I stand up with him "just please find a different way of showing your scared"

"I will" he assures me "I will"

"Let's not fight ever again"

He kisses my cheek "I'm sorry"

"Was jail scary?" I ask with a hint of a smile

"Nah, it wasn't that bad" he answers with a laugh

I slip my arms around his waist "are you going to tell me what your doing to get all these fancy suits and all that money?"

He presses his fingers to the small of my back, making me blush "I'm working"

"Working where?"

"Working with Tracey's people" he tells me

"Not doing anything legal" I say

He sighs

"Your doing so much illegal stiff that you will probably end up in prison" I tell him "are you going to even be there when the child goes to school or starts eating real food"

"Of course I'll be there!"

"Or you'll be in prison" I confront "I don't want that, ace. I want you to be with me when this all happens"

His hands tighten around me "just let me get this money and then I'll be out of that shit"

"You'll do what you want anyway so whatever"

"I'm trying to help us, Sammy"

"I know. And i appreciate that but I wish you would do it in a safer way"

"I know"

"Please don't get hurt"

He kisses my forehead