the worst part of waking up

SAMMY'S POV

I vomit into the toilet this morning. My hands are braced on either side of it.

"Here" ace hands me asprin and water

I take it from him and down the pill with the water then I hand it back to him.

"Thanks"

"No problem" he rubs my back "are you sure your okay?"

"Yeah of course" I say "why wouldn't I be?"

****

Tracey takes me to the doctor later that afternoon.

I sit on the table after they do their check up proceedures.

"You are aware of the fact that you are pregnant right?" She asks

"Yes" I answer

"Okay" she says "you are a month along. We will see you in a month, make an appointment at the front desk"

Tracey waits for me after I'm done making an appointment. She helps me out of the building and to the the truck

"So you're a month along" she says

"Yeah but I already knew that" I say

"Is ace suspicious yet?"

I shrug "he keeps asking questions but I'm not sure if he actually thinks I'm pregnant"

"But I has have been having morning sickness a lot" I tell her "he just thinks I'm sick again"

"When are you going to start showing?"

I raise my eyebrows "well the docor told me that since I'm skinny and small that I'll probably start showing at two or two and half months. He said it depends a lot on your size"

"Your gunna have to tell him before then"

"Gosh, I know" I groan "man I don't want to get fat"

She laughs with me

"I'm just going to wear big ass sweatshirts everyday of my life"

She giggles "I would too. I can't wait to go shopping for the girl with you"

"You think its a girl?"

She nods "duh"

I laugh "what if its a boy?"

She thinks about it for a moment "then we can still ho shopping for him"

I sigh "it feels so much better making light of the situation vs. being upset about it all day"

"Yeah, the best thing to do is just joke about it" she says "well until you get fat and then you can start freaking out about it"

I groan "thanks a lot"

****

"I love you, baby" I hug ace and put my cheek against his chest

He chuckles and hugs me back "I love you too. What is all this about?"

"What? I can't tell you I love you and hug you?" I ask with a grin, feeling the rise and fall of his chest.

"You can but you don't do it often" he smiles and kisses my forehead. "You sure nothing is going on?"

"I'm positive" I lie straight to his face.

I realize that he is not going to be happy that I didn't tell him sooner and lied to him the whole time I told him nothing was wrong. But I have to. I mean, I can't tell him yet.

"You and Tracey have been hanging out a lot lately" he observes

"She is cool" I tell him "I like her"

"You aren't doing illegal shit with her?"

I gasp "no! We have just been hanging out"

"Be careful" he tells me "Tracey is known for trouble and she is in fact trouble...big trouble"

"I like trouble" I joke

He shakes his head "don't joke around like that"

I laugh "kiss me, ace"

He kisses my neck softly and then traces his lips softly along my jaw. He works his way up to my cheek and then kisses the side of my mouth before kissing me full on the lips.

"What if we had a family?" I ask him

"What is all this shit about family and babies, Sam?" He asks, a little too harshly

I keep my head down, not wanting him to look at my face "I don't know. I am just talking about one day, not now."

"Well hell if I know, Sammy" he says "I mean damn, I'm seventeen for crying out loud, I don't even want to think about that shit"

I nod and turn over on my bed, pulling the blankets up and over my shoulder.

So much for thinking he would have a nice response to that.