The Dance

SAMMY'S POV

"Do you...regret any of this?" I ask ace as we sit on our new couch of our new home.

"Regret?" He asks "me?" I hear the smile in his voice "never."

"Really?"

I feel his hand smooth away my hair that was in my face. "If I wished none of this would have happened then I would have lost the dance we shared with together as well"

"The dance?" I ask confused

"Yeah. Me meeting you, going to dinner with your family, allowing you to have fun, kissing you the first time. That was the dance we shared. Even if we had some ups and downs...it was a beautiful dance." He kisses the top of my head "and I don't want to lose that dance...ever."

I laugh "our dance was very memorable"

"The dance isn't over yet, baby" he whispers softly in my ear "its not over. We still have a long way to go."

I bite my lip and press into his side with my head on his shoulder.

"I have to be honest with you right now..." He says "I really want to kiss you"

My stomach flips

"You know..." I begin "you already do so much for me and I'm not really able to repay you..." I blush "so maybe you could kiss me"

His body stiffens in shock and I feel his hands lift my face up to face his. "You don't have to repay me, Sammy" he tells me

"But I want to" I say

"Kissing me isn't the way to do it"

I lay my hand against his chest "just kiss me, ace"

It doesn't even take a second before I feel his lips on mine.

And when they did touch mine, it was a feeling like no other one I have ever felt. It was like kissing him for the first time again. Do magical and right.

It's a feeling I have been longing for, for the past two months.

I part my lips and my tongue slides over his. My body shudders and my heart speads up.

"Was that as perfect as you expected it to be?" I tease as we lean away

He nods "yes, Trace"

My whole body goes still and so does his

"I mean, Sam" he corrects himself

I ease away from him and stand up "what we just did was a big mistake"

"Sam!" He calls after me as I stumble out of the room, trying to remember the way out

I trip over something in the hallway and I feel the tears begin to drop down my cheeks as I slowly slide down the wall and sit on the floor.

"Sam" ace's voice comes from right in front of me.

"Please don't, ace" I turn away from his voice "you have done enough"

"It was a mistake"

I shake my head "that wasn't just a mistake! I'm not Tracey! We were head over heals for each other! My kisses aren't supposed to feel anything like Tracey's kisses!"

"They don't feel anything like hers" he tells me

"They obviously do! I don't kiss you and call you Blake just because I feel like it!"

His hands touch my leg but I pull it away "I didn't mean it"

"I should have never kissed you in the first place. This is all my fault."

He sighs "I love you, Sammy. I love you"

I sniffle "you can't say that! We aren't together anymore, ace! We can't love each other"

"Why can't we?!" He asks "why can't we love each other anymore? Why are you refusing to admit your feelings towards me?"

"Because I can't feel the way I feel about you, ace" I sigh "you hurt people and you hurt me. But I realize that if we keep focusing on the past then we will never be able to move forward. So I don't want us to be anything other than friends. We had our times but now they are over. You have to understand that"

"No, Sammy" he says "I don't have to understand that. We should stop looking at the past and move forward just like you said! So why don't we forget about what happened then and look at now?"

"Let's be together again, Sammy! Let's share more memories and share the love we feel for each other."

"Shit, Sam! I don't want to coparent. I want to spend the rest of my life with you! I want to get married! I want to have more kids with you! I want to go to bed with you every night and wake up to you every morning! I want to fight and then make up!"

My heart pounds

"It was the very first time that I looked at you!" He continues "I knew that you were the one. I knew that you would be the girl I spent the rest of my life with." He chuckles and touches my cheek "and then you smiled...dammit you smiled, Sammy and I knew that you had to be mine."

I bite my lip

"I never imagined to have a kid at seventeen. At first I was angry and scared...but in all honesty... I have never been so excited for anything in my entire life. I feel like having this kid with you is what I meant to do in life."

"Our kid holds half of my heart, Sammy Key....and you hold the other half."

I wipe at the tears on my cheeks

"I guess what I'm trying to say is..." I can hear the nervousness in his voice

He takes my hand in his

"Will you marry me, Sammy Elizabeth Key?"