ive spent a lifetime looking for you

I go through her open window and step inside her room.

Just getting to my feet, I don't get a chance to say anything before I feel her hands on me.

She touches my chest and she touches the button on my shirt. "Ace" she whispers

"I'm right here"

She slides her hands down and takes the hem of my shirt in her hands as if that is reassuring her that I am really here.

I put my forehead against hers "don't give up on us yet" I say "we haven't finished our dance yet"

She smiles "I hope we have a really long dance"

"A never ending dance" I agree

She laughs "yeah" she bites her lip "you smell like marijuana"

I chuckle "Mary jane replaced you while you were gone"

She smiles "sleep replaced you while I was away from you"

"Lucky, I haven't been able to sleep"

She looks away shyly "I'm sorry"

"No, don't be sorry. I understand why"

She nods and puts her face in my neck. "I didn't mean to come between you and Tracey"

I wave it off "Tracey can either accept you or not be with me."

"She will probably accept me then"

"Your probably right"

I pull her towards her bed "we are going to snuggle all night" I tell her

She climbs on the bed and lays facing me. I lay on my back next to her. "How are you laying?" She asks

"On my back"

She reaches forward with her right hand and slides it along my waist. It feels so good for her to touch me again. She puts her head on my chest and snuggles herself close to me. "It was a painful three weeks." She mumbles

"I know" I reply "I was going crazy"

She laughs "I didn't think you cared that much"

"Of course I care!" I tell her "there never a moment where I haven't. The whole time we weren't talking I kept asking myself if you were okay, if you needed me"

"I needed you a lot" she confesses "sometimes I couldn't find my way to my class because I had never went that way before."

"I wish you wouldn't have done that. I would much rather have to see you and not be able to talk to you than you struggle everyday."

She let's out a breath "I know"

I rub my fingers along her back "everything is okay now." I tell her "everything is quite alright"

She nods "yes it is"

****

I wake up the next morning and find myself holding Sammy to me. Her back as pressed against my chest and my arm is around her waist. Her hair smells of watermelon.

I keep my eyes closed and treasure this moment.

And right in this moment I'm feeling like she needs to be my lady, she needs to be my baby.

I snuggle closer against her body and put my face in her neck.

She makes a whimpering sound and turns her head towards me. She has a pained expression. She reaches her hand forward and outs it on mine. Slowly, I turn my hand over and lace my fingers through her limp ones.