Announcements

ACE'S POV

Expressing my feeling towards Sammy was one of the hardest and one of the easiest things I have ever done.

I have never felt so...complete in my entire seventeen years of being on this earth.

Asking her to marry me was one of the scariest things I have ever done. I didn't know what to expect.

I had planned on asking her for a long time. But that night was an eye opener for me. When we kissed was the moment I knew that it was now or never.

And when she said yes...that was the happiest moment of my life. That was the moment that I will never forget, that memory that will stuck with me forever and ever.

There was this joy that passed over me. It was a feeling unlike any other. A feeling of wholeness and like everything that was meant to happen was happening.

It is happening.

But telling Tracey will be the hard part of the outcome of this. I don't know what her reaction will be. She always seems to know when something will happen or won't happen. Maybe she will see this coning.

"So you want to break up?" Tracey asks as soon as she enters my room

I give her a startled look "how did you know?"

"Any time you need to talk it is never good. And telling by the way you have been acting it is pretty clear"

She sits on my bed across from me

"Oh...I'm sorry, Tracey. I admitted my feelings to Sammy the other day and that night..." I glance up at her "I asked her to marry me and she said yes"

Her face goes bright and a smile spreads across it "she said yes?! I'm so happy for you two!"

"You are?"

She nods "well yeah! I'm not dumb, ace. I knew that I was just a fill in for Sammy. I knew and I still know that no one will be able to make you have the feelings that Sammy makes you have. You love her."

"I'm so happy your cool with this, trace"

She pats my knee "I'm so happy that you two are happy. Has she told Blake yet?"

"No"

She makes a face "ohhh...that could go either really good or really bad but not in between"

"Yeah I know"

*******

"She said yes" I tell my parents

They jerk up from their places on the couch with smiles on their faces.

"She did?!" They both yell in unison

"Yes" I grin

"OH MY GOSH! I'M GOING TO BE A GRANDMA!" My mom squeals and runs over to me, pulling me into a tight embrace. "When is the wedding?!"

I shrug "I'm thinking we could do it after we have the baby so that she doesn't get too stressed"

"That's a good idea" she nods and pulls away "great thinking, son!"

I roll my eyes "graduation is coming up soon and I want to take her out and have some fun. Because as soon as graduation is over, she is going to be about six months"

"Plus I find out what the baby is today" I tell them

My mom shrieks "I'm so excited!"

"Calm down. I'm trying to stay calm and you freaking out is not helping"

"Sorry" she takes a breath "I'm okay now"

My dad just grins like an idiot "I'm going to be a grandpa. I can't fucking believe it" he shakes his head "I'm so proud of you, ace. You see what happens when you listen to what your dad has to say?"

I laugh "let's not get into that"

******

I hold onto Sammy's hand as I stare at the monitor across from me. It shows a baby in the stomach of my fiance.

It shows my baby

It shows the baby that me and this perfect woman made together.

"You see that?" The woman points to the screen

"Yeah" I answer since Sammy can't

She smiles at me "that's the head"

I gasp as I make out the shape of the baby's head

"That's the head of your baby girl"

Sammy bursts into tears of joy and puts a hand over her face.

I fight back the tears myself, trying to be strong.

I lick my lips and nod my head, in pure shock.

"That's our baby girl" I say to Sammy as I put my forehead on her arm "we made that baby"

She runs her fingers through my hair "I love you so much, ace"

"I love you so much more, Sammy" I breath out "jeeze, you have no idea how much more I love you"

"Oh I have to get out of here before I cry" the nurse says, waving a hand in front of her face

Sammy and I laugh

I lean up as the nurse wipes the gel from Sammy's stomach and then watch as Sammy pulls her shirt down over her pregnant stomach.

"You will begin to feel the baby kick at any time" the nurse tells her "I'm surprised you haven't felt it yet but you will. It'll be painfull sometimes."

Sammy sits up with the help of me and nods in response "okay"

It's a baby girl