how could you?

SAMMY'S POV

I haven't talked to ace since Friday night at the party. I have ignored all of his calls, I have been ignoring him as best I can at school. He tries to talk to me but I just can't bring myself to talk to him, so I walk away.

What made him hit danny like that? Why would he ever even think about doing that? He did nothing to deserve what ace did to him.

That doesn't seem like him. Its so out of character. Ace is usually nice and sweet, always wanting to make people happy and laugh all the time. Now he is just hurting people all the time.

He is hurting me all the time

On Wednesday I sit in my English class, listening to the teacher speak to the rest of the class.

I hear the door open and then close, followed by a stream of giggles by all the other girls and a few comments about the looks of whoever it is.

"Um, take a seat in the row next to Sammy would you?" Mr. Davis says to him

Heavy steps walk towards me and then stop when whoever it is sits down.

"Hey, ace" a girl squeals from in front of me "I didn't know you were in this class"

"I wasn't but I am now" he says

"Why?"

I listen to their conversation

"I got kicked out of my other one"

My eyes widen and a few gasps fill the area around me.

"Oh my gosh, what did you do?"

There is a pause from him "I got into a fight and they don't want me around the guy anymore"

"Lucky us" a girl giggles and the rest of them follow suit

Another fight?

"Well that explains why your face looks all fucked up" a guy joke

Ace chuckles "is it that bad?"

"Oh yeah" someone says

"But it makes you look badass" a girl says "it doesn't take away from your sexiness"

I feel a hand on my arm and I instantly jerk it away. "I told you to leave me alone, ace" I snap "I mean it"

"Oh come on, Sammy" he says, I now feel him close to me. "You can't stay mad at me forever"

"I can and I will" I reply

"Hey if she doesn't want you then I will" says a girl with a snap of her gum.

He ignores her and says to me "I'm sorry, how many times do I have to say it?"

"A hell of a lot more, ace" I say "you can say your sorry all you want but that won't take away what you did." I keep my hands in my lap, resisting the urge to touch him. "I don't want a guy in my life who fights all the time or smokes weed or anything like that. I want the old ace miller that I know"

With a sigh, he doesn't say any more to me. He goes along talking to other girls and other guys who do want a guy like that, who wants the new ace Miller.

No longer do I feel like I can tell them anything, I don't feel safe around him or even comfortable around him. I just want him away from me.

I feel more scared of him than anything.

"Sammy I'm sorry" ace says

"If you shoved me once than you'll do it again, ace" I tell him "if you cheated on your girlfriend once then you'll do it again. And if you fought once than you'll keep doing it. I can't have that in my life. I don't want it in my life."

"But I need you in mine" he whispers close to me

"You should have thought about that before you started acting like a complete dick" I snap "how could you do something like that? Why would you do something like that?"

"Goddamn" he says under his breath and doesn't answer. He just leans away and begins talking to the other kids again

I leave the room as soon as I hear the bell ring. I walk as fast as I can, occasionally bumping into to someone who doesn't have enough time to move out of my way.

I quickly open my locker and throw my books in there, hoping they don't fall back out in the process.

A hand slams my locker shut and I jump, not expecting it.

Spinning around, I turn to face who I know is ace "were you jealous?!" I yell "is that it, ace?"

"Don't go there, Sam" he warns "you don't want to go there right now"

I laugh "you were jealous, huh? That's exactly what it was." I shake my head "I can't believe it." A laugh slips from my mouth "you saw me kissing danny and you totally freaked out because you got jealous"

His hand smacks the locker beside my head, making me flinch "I told you to stop, Sammy and I mean it."

"You only angry because you know I'm right"

"GODDAMN IT, SAMMY!" he yells "SHUT THE FUCK UP FOR ONE SECOND!"

My mouth snaps shut instantly

I know that his face is now right in front of mine because I feel his breath right on my mouth. I close my eyes.

"Yeah, I admit, I did get jealous" he says "I got fucking angry when I saw his tongue down your mutherfucking throat. So beat his ass. Yes I did"

I begin to feel disgusted with him

"I beat his ass until I broke his fucking hand" he continues "but I don't regret it"

"Why not?" I manage to whisper, turning my head away from his

"Because it felt damn good to see him bleed" he says coldly, making my skin crawl

I shove him away from me "get away from me, ace. I can't believe I ever even hung out with you."

"You can't honestly say that you regret hanging out with me" he says, shocked

"Yes I can, and I just did" I snap "Its good to know who you really are though"