Chapter 1: Coming Home

It's been years since I've been home.

After graduating from UA almost 7 years ago, I left Japan immediately. I remember the offers flooding in.

It's not often that a female pro graduates first in their class.

Everyone expected me to stay... but I had to leave. I had to get as far away from here as possible.

I walked up to the gate, ready to show my new badge. UA official.

The security here has really amped up over the last few years as villains have gotten more bold. Principal Nezu warned me of all the changes, but it's still hard to even grasp.

I took a deep breath. No need to be worried. Students aren't even here yet.

I wasn't home in time to make the entrance exam and selection process. It's probably for the best..Knowing me, I'd want to let everyone in.

But I'm here now.

Today is the Monday before school officially begins, and I've been invited to our first Staff meeting.

I never thought I'd be a teacher, but to be honest, it makes sense. It might even be a perfect fit.

After graduating, I took a pro hero offer in America. I fought there for almost 5 years. Made headlines. Made a fortune.

But, I was empty.

America was filled with grand ideas of fame and riches, but it was shallow. Being young and a woman, I attracted a lot of unwelcomed attention.

They called me beautiful. Had me pose for magazines and attend galas.

But, I wanted to change the world.

Heroes were supposed to be forces for good, not celebrities...

Now is my chance to do it differently. I get to help raise the next generation. Reinstate what it means to be a hero!

To protect those who aren't able to protect themselves. To spread joy and security. Embrace kindness.

I'm going to change the lives of these students, so they can go and change the world in a way I just couldn't.

I just hope I'm strong enough to confront everything I tried to run from.

I inhaled deeply. Taking my first steps through the gate...

Let's do this!