Chapter 12: Day Off

"Daddy" I looked up helplessly. Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

He was standing over my bed.

"Daddy?" I said again, confused.

"Do it, Kenji." my mother hissed. I couldn't see her, but I could feel her.

"Mommy." I whimpered, starting to pull up my covers, hoping they'd answer.

"Kenji! Fucking do it already!"

I looked around frantically, and saw my father gripping a knife. His knuckles were white.

"Daddy, I'm scared!" I cried, starting to inch myself up into a sitting position.Wrapping my arms around my knees.

"KENJI!" my mother screamed again "You heard what they said, we have to do this!"

His face was pale and wet with sweat. He nodded his head, and began lifting up the knife.

I searched his face for a sign of what was going on. Nothing.

"Daddy!" I screamed again, this time as he began to thrust the knife towards me.

I shoved my head between my knees and screamed at the top of my lungs, "AHHHHHH!"

Icicles as sharp as daggers began to shoot out of my body as I screamed in hysteria and fear.

I heard the knife drop to the floor and looked over. My father was pierced with at least half a dozen icicles. He dropped to the floor. His blood beginning to pool.

I panicked. Looking around at the blood and shattered pictures and punctured furniture.

"Kenji!? Kenji!!?!" My mother looked at his body frantically. His eyes still open as he groaned.

"WHAT DID YOU DO!?" My mother was screaming, looking at me with eyes full of hatred.

She grabbed the knife and began to get on her feet. "MONSTER! YOU FUCKING MONSTER!!!!"

••••

I shot up in a panic and gasped. I felt myself starting to scream, so I covered my mouth with my hands and looked over at the sleeping figure next to me.

Good, I didn't wake him up.

My heart was racing, pounding out of my chest. I was sitting in a pool of sweat, on the verge of hyperventilating.

Breathe, y/n. Breathe.

I rested my face in my hands as I brought my knees closer to my chest.

What the fuck. Why are these coming back? It's the second one this week.

I checked the time on my phone. 3:47am.

Shit. I sat there for a moment. Hopeless. Guess I'm awake for the day.

I slowly got out of Shota's bed and grabbed the duffle bag in the corner of the room. I went downstairs as quickly and quietly as I could.