Chapter 8: Saturday Surprises

A lot of these chapters are just under or around 2,000 words! Sorry about that. Let me know if they're too long!

When I woke up Saturday morning, it felt like a dream. Shota accepted my offer and came inside last night. It was better than I ever could've expected.

I made us some tea, and we spent the next few hours talking and laughing.

Somewhere in the middle of our night together, Shota grabbed my hand.

He held and caressed it as we talked of our days at UA and our dreams and our favorite shows and favorite stores.

When we started talking about what we envisioned for our respective futures, he stopped talking and stared deep into my eyes.

I wasn't sure what I said to make him so captivated, but it felt like he looked at me for minutes.

"y/n, can I kiss you?" he asked in an almost whisper. I felt myself softly wet my lips and leaned forward.

"I thought you'd never ask." I smiled and closed my eyes, bracing myself for the sensation.

His lips were soft and full. lingering on mine before slowly starting to move. We carefully got into a rhythm, moving in sync.

He softly put his hand on my cheek, stroking my face with his thumb.

The warmth of his touch travelled throughout my body, and I couldn't help myself.

I let my mouth open a little more and my tongue slid out gently, being welcomed by his.

We fell passionately into a deep kiss, holding onto each other, making up for lost time.

When we finally broke, I was out of breath, and my heart was full. He held onto my tightly as we cuddled up on my couch.

I rested my head on his chest and listened to his heart with my eyes closed. He had his arm around me and was playing with my hair. It was bliss.

At around 2am, we said goodnight. I kissed him at the door, and before he left he asked if he could see me tomorrow.

I smiled and said I would love to. I have no idea what's in store for today, but I'm excited to see him!

I rolled over and reach for my phone. 7am. My adult version of sleeping in. It's sad really.... but I woke up to a text from Shota.

Thanks for last night. I can't wait to see you again today.
**Shota! Good morning! You up for a run?
—Not really, but if I get to see you in your natural habitat, count me in I guess... See you in 30.
**Can't wait. Make sure you stretch. I'm gonna put you through a workout 😉

I let out a squeal of excitement! He wants to see me first thing!? Oh boy..Shota. How are you doing this to me already...

I got dressed in an oversized tshirt and leggings, and started to stretch.

I hope he isn't too much faster than me. How embarrassing would that be after bragging about how much I love to run. I actually hate running with a partner, but I wanted to see him, and I couldn't think of anything else.

When I answered his knock, his eyes were barely open.

"Shota, are you sleepwalking?" I said in a flirty, mocking tone.

"Hush... Just come here and kiss me." I was shocked by his abruptness, but I would never turn down the invitation.

I threw my arms around his neck and stretched upward for my kiss. He put his arms around my waist and lifted me up slightly to make it easier.