Chapter 27: Attack on Hosu

The students had been gone the entire week for their internships, and I was bored out of my mind.

Who knew I could get sick of sleeping in? I would've never guessed.

It had also been some time since I spoke with Keigo. Once he left out of town, it took about 36 hours for him to stop responding.

I texted and called, not a ton, but enough. Enough to show I cared. Complete silence. The days after I finally took the hint, my heart was broken. I cried and didn't do a ton else.

I tried to lie to myself. Maybe he's on a mission. Maybe he was hurt. Maybe Hosu had a shit ton of crime. However, I'm a pro hero myself, so I know what it requires of you when you're on missions.

There's more down time than you would think, so I had to be honest with myself.

I know we didn't necessarily solidify that we were together. But to fuck me and then ghost me... Was not expecting that. To be honest, it had never happened to me before.

But that's what I liked about Keigo... He was always full of surprises.

So now, I'm avoiding men. Hence, the boredom.

All I had planned for the day was some errands and my daily date with matcha tea.

I didn't even leave my house until like 3pm. I wore biker shorts, a large sweater, and sneakers— fully complete with my iconic white, messy bun.

I looked in the mirror before heading out for the day. Damn girl, you clean up nice. I laughed.

This is what I've resorted to, talking to myself... I guess I am my favorite person to spend time with.

I was walking home with a couple grocery bags in hand when a TV screen inside of my favorite little tea shop caught my attention.

My eyes widened and I rushed inside.

No no no...

*Breaking News: ATTACK ON HOSU CITY**

My heart started to break and my palms sweated with worry. The news flashed of fires and crumbling buildings.

Suddenly, a picture of Stain: The Hero Killer flashed on the screen. There have been sightings of him in Hosu, along with sightings of Nomus.

So many of our students are interning there. What if... what if they're not safe?

I felt my phone buzz.

Midoriya... he sent me... his location?

My eyes widened in horror as I pieced together what it meant. He's in danger.

I dropped my bags and ran out of the coffee shop, trying to hold in my sobs.

As the brisk night air hit me, I buried my face in my hands, trying to control the panic racing through me.

Fuck, what do I do? It's hours away. Even if I tried to fly, it's too far. I can't fly for that long.

THINK, Y/N.

Shit, Keigo is in Hosu. I have to call him. He needs to help Midoriya.

I called the number, despite my biggest regrets... No answer which I should've guessed. But I had to try.