Chapter 44: Past Lives

**okayyyy so this has taken a turn but it's still an aizawa x reader, i promise lololol. keep reading pls. writing is so fun**

**Keigo POV**

The front room of the apartment was small as the kitchen bled right into the living room.

Now, Y/n, Dabi, and I were all stuck sharing it for the next 24hrs. I couldn't blow my cover, but Y/n showing up wasn't something I could've ever planned for.

And I was willing to risk it all to protect her. I'd rather die than see her actually go down this path.

The only thing was, I had no idea what her actual intentions were. When she showed up here in the middle of the night, her face was red and tear-stained.

She obviously wasn't thinking clearly. Obviously a wreck after facing her father.

And Shota, how the hell wasn't he watching her more closely after today?

Even if she snuck off or left on her own, he should've chased her down.

I would've chased her down. I wouldn't have ever let this happen to her.

My heart was pounding in a rage as I thought about it. He didn't deserve her.

Now she was,m here and I didn't know what to do. I needed to talk to her alone but had no way of doing it.

I had to tell her about why I was here too. I couldn't let her think I'd ever actually betray her or any of her students.

And that's the real reason I knew she wasn't actually joining them. I've seen her with those kids, she would do absolutely anything for them.

And knowing the League had hurt and threatened so many of them, especially her angry little favorite, she would never be on their side. 

She was only buying time. A smart but extremely risky play. I just had to know how to help.

Dabi seemed willing to protect her from Shigaraki, but if she broke his heart again or found out she was just using him, I was sure he'd explode.

He already burned her once. Did she not think about that?

Even if she somehow managed to get out of here alive, it wouldn't be an easy road. Her life may never be the same.

I sighed as I laid on the couch and thought it all over.

She wasn't expecting everyone to be here... Was she really just going to fuck Dabi? And then what? Go home to Aizawa?

And then it clicked...

She wanted to make Aizawa hate her. That's why she was here. Not to find her self, but to destroy herself.

He'd probably forgive anything but there was a good chance that'd be his breaking point.

Fucking Y/n. This self-sabotage shit you have going on might have just led you to your death bed.

I watched as her and Dabi walked over to the living room and sat on the floor, both leaning up against the other, smaller couch.

I couldn't tell if she was just a great actor or actually enjoying her time with him.

Either way, it was pissing me off to no end, and it was becoming almost impossible to hide.

I had completely ghosted her, but I only did that once I got assigned this mission.

Everything I felt for her, everything I told her, it was real. It's still real.