Chapter 23: A Villainous Quirk

"Everyone!" I yelled to get the classes attention.

"I believe you all know Hitoshi Shinso," I smiled. "He's going to be training with us today!"

The class erupted into cheers and welcomes. My heart was singing.

Shinso, this is where you belong.

I turned to him, "All right, go join the rest of them."

He walked over to stand with the class.

"So, today," I continued, "We're going to be sparring one-on-one. We'll be doing timed matches split into quirk usage and hand to hand combat."

"Katsuki, you're with Shinso. Everyone else, partner up!"

"WHY DO I HAVE TO BE WITH THE PURPLE FREAK!?" He yelled.

"Because you're a good matchup. Now hurry and get to your square."

The class started to pair off and go to separate sections of the mat.

"Ok, for today, I'm going to be focusing mostly on Shinso and Katsuki. Mr. Aizawa and All Might will still be walking around to help, but like always, just call out it you need something."

"You'll start with a minute of hand to hand combat, and when I blow the whistle, you'll fight with your quirks for another minute."

"Get ready for round 1... Begin!"

I was watching Katsuki and Shinso closely. Katsuki was clearly stronger, but Shinso was quick.

He didn't land too many hits, but he didn't take too many either.

I can work with this.

I blew my whistle, "You can use your quirks!" I called out as a reminder.

Katsuki didn't waste any time. He was blasting Shinso with explosions left and right.

His quirk made him slower though, so Shinso was able to dodge most of them.

"COME ON YOU EXTRA!!! FIGHT ME!!!" Katsuki yelled.

Shinso, use your damn quirk already. He's been screaming at you non-stop.

"Times up!" I yelled, "Everyone stop! Take a minute to debrief with your partner. We'll start again in a moment."

I walked up to the two boys, "Katsuki. Shinso. Come here."

"I thought you said he was good?" Endeavor mocked, talking into my ear piece.

"Katsuki, you're slow," I said simply. "Now, go. Let me talk to Shinso."

He huffed and stormed off.

"Shinso, what the hell was that?" I asked.

"He didn't beat me."

"But you didn't win."

He was silent.

"Why didn't you use your quirk, Shinso?"

He just stared at me.

"y/n-sensei... W-Will you call me Hitoshi?" he whispered.

I sighed and smiled at his nervousness. I mean, how could I not smile... "Of course, Hitoshi. Now, we're going to do another round. I expect you to use your quirk."

He nodded and walked off.

These kids... Turning me soft.

"Alright, now, you'll use your quirks first this time. Then, when I blow the whistle, you'll switch to hand to hand combat!"