Chapter 4: Hey, Aizawa

I know it's been a little slow so far, but keep with me!! I plan on making this such an amazing story! I hope you enjoy it. 😊😊😊

"What's so funny?" I asked as I smirked at Aizawa and Toshinori (All Might).

"Oh nothing, you're a natural." they both laughed...

Irk. "Why did they respond like that!? Did they like me? Do they think I'm totally lame? Are they worried I'm weak? Are they just excited that I'm nicer than Aizawa?!"

I froze. Realizing I never actually had Aizawa reintroduce himself to me, so I probably should've called him Eraser Head.

"Sorry, I mean, Eraser Head."

"No, that's ok. You can actually just call me Shota if you like." He said without even really looking at me.

I blushed.... but looked down as a desperate attempt to hide it.

Toshinori didn't even notice. "Don't worry about it, y/n. I think they're just excited to get to know you! Young Midoriya called you a legend, and he knows more about heroes than anyone I've ever met."

I smiled. "Thanks, Toshinori." That definitely caught him off guard. I don't think anyone calls him that anymore. "I just figured we're all on first name basis now!"

All Might and Eraser Head just stared.

"Anyway, Toshinori, can I join you on the exercises tomorrow? I want them to really get to know me."

"Absolutely! You should take the lead!" With that he began to leave. "I'll see you both tomorrow! Y/N. Shota."

"Don't call me that," Shota grumbled.

All Might just shared a hearty laugh and was gone.

I looked at Shota, who was staring right at me. "Welcome back, y/n." he smiled.

It was rare, but just as breathtaking as I remembered.

"So, you do remember me?" I gave him a look that let him know I noticed his distance.

"How could I forget? It's been awhile, but I noticed you the moment you walked into the conference room last week."

"You did? Then why didn't you say anything?!"

"Hmmm, I guess timing has never really been our strong suit."

He was looking down, fidgeting with something on his wrist.  He said our... Our timing??

So I wasn't imaging things all those years ago?

Was it something more than I thought? Could it have been something more? Something worth staying for?

I shook the thought. I had to leave. A boy wouldn't have stopped that...

"Hey, don't worry about the kids, y/n." he said, waking me up from my stream of thoughts. "They'll warm up to you. You've got a lot of press on you right now, and they know you're new, so they're just feeling you out. I think they'll love you. Everyone usually does."

My heart stopped. He's still avoiding eye contact. And his voice is monotone so I can't gauge what he's thinking at all...

"Shota.... I.... Would you..." I didn't know where my sentence was headed but it didn't matter, he cut me off anyway.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Have a good night." He looked at me briefly before he started to walk away.

I watched him as he walked. I didn't need this distraction, but something told me I wouldn't be able to avoid it.