Chapter 35: Failure

As I flew around frantically, I finally caught a glimpse of an explosion in the distance.

Definitely Shoto or Katsuki. I have to get there.

It took longer than I wanted since blue fire balls started rapidly being shot towards me.

Great, what the fuck happened with Dabi!? He escaped!!?

Note to self: get a costume that's not fucking bright white for night time. I'm like flying target practice.

I zoomed down towards the tops of the trees, hoping they would help shield me, but having to weave through the forest definitely slowed me down.

I landed down by where I saw the explosions and saw a group of students.

"Amaterasu!" Midoriya called.

"What happened!?" I looked at their beaten and bruised bodies. "And where's Katsuki?!"

I saw their faces break in pain, "He-he was taken."

"By some masked villain," Ochaco explained.

"And they got Tokoyami," Shoto added.

I felt a dark anger overcome me. I couldn't control it as my eyes started to glow, "Do you know his name?"

"Uh, Mr. Compress... He said they were most likely to become villains." Midoriya squealed. "Amaterasu, a-are you ok?"

"If you want to fight, then let's go. Otherwise, go back to camp and take as many people back with you as you can." I demanded before launching myself into the air.

As soon as I got above the tree line, I saw the lanky fucker in a top hat running away.

"This way!" I yelled back to the students, and I saw Midoriya, Shoto, and Shoji chasing after him.

The three broke through the clearing and tackled him to the ground. I dropped myself directly in front of them, landing in a crouched position and sending a shockwave through the earth.

"Amaterasu, so nice of you to join us," Dabi cackled. "Meet Twice and Toga."

"I've had enough of your games, Dabi," I snarled while grabbing my sword. "This ends today."

He laughed, "I wouldn't be so sure."

"Y/n-sensei!" Midoriya yelled and I whipped my head back, seeing Mr. Compress had disappeared.

As soon as I turned around, Dabi fired his blue flames at Shoto, Midoriya, and Shoji.

"No!!" I screamed, launching myself in front of the fire. I used my sword to disperse some of the flames, but the rest I took with my arm.

"Y/n!" Shoto yelled as the fire hit me.

I couldn't help but let out a loud scream as it burned through my flesh. "You three!! Stand back!!" I demanded.

I turned to Dabi and his posse of villains.

"Dabi, you hit your girlfriend!" the blonde girl squealed with a giggle.

"How could you!?" Twice screamed. "No! She deserved it!"

What a bunch of circus freaks they recruited... I can take them.

Mr. Compress reverted back to his normal form and stood next to Dabi as Twice and Toga launch towards the boys again.

I could barely move after Dabi's attack, but it only took a few moments for my students to fight off the weaker villains.