Chapter 28: Confession

**Y/N POV**

I was sprinting down the street as fast as I could. I would've been flying had I not been crying my eyes out for the last 4 hours... I was completely drained.

Shit, Y/n! Why did you do that?! What the hell is your problem.

Shota has made it abundantly clear that he has no long-term interest or commitment to me. Not to mention Keigo, who I would end up having to face sooner or later.

What if he came back wanting to be with me? What would I do then? Awkwardly tell him I was back with Shota only a week after he left!?

Fuck.

I was panting hard but was still able to keep at full speed. This job really has done wonders for me physically. I think I'm faster than I ever have been before.

It didn't matter though, I still heard loud footsteps approaching me from behind.

He must be chasing me... Should I stop? It sounds like he'll be catching up to me soon anyway.

Damn it, Shota. Why chase after me now?

**Aizawa POV**

It's now or never.

I took off after Y/n. I wasn't going to let her get away from me this time. The only problem was she had quite a head start, and I had no idea if I'd be able to catch up to her.

Shit, she's so much faster than the last time we went running together.

I could barely make out her running figure in the dark as I followed her.

I'm going to tell you tonight, Y/n. I'm going to tell you everything.

"Y/n!" I yelled, hoping it would slow her down or maybe even convince her to stop running. "Y/n, please!"

I saw her body start to slow and eventually stop.

Finally.

I kept running at full speed until I caught up to her. I tried to speak but was completely out of breath, so I took a moment to gather myself and waited for her to face me.

After a moment of silence, with nothing but our heavy breaths to fill the void, she turned to me. Her face was once again covered in tears.

"What do you want, Shota?" she whispered, avoiding my eyes.

"You, Y/n. I want you."

She didn't respond, so I reached out to grab her hand. She jumped back at my touch, "No, you don't get to do this!"

She finally met my gaze and I saw the hurt and anger building up in her eyes. "Is it because of Hawks?" I asked.

"Ugh!" she let out a low grunt. "Are you that dense, Shota!? It has nothing to do with him! And everything to do with you and how you've treated me!"

She was yelling now, letting out all the pain she had held in for the past month.

"Y/n, please... You have every right to be angry. But please, let me try to explain."