Chapter 24: Falling at Sunset

The next couple hours of training were intense as the students each battled with a new sense of determination.

"All right class, good job today! We're seeing some great improvement. You're dismissed." I said with a smile.

"Hitoshi, will you come here?" I asked.

He approached me, "Thanks for today, y/n-sensei. I promise I'll make you proud."

"You did wonderful, Hitoshi. I'm already proud! But before you leave there's a couple people I want you to meet."

"Um, ok..." he said confused.

Nezu, Gang Orca, and Hawks walked into the gym... I guess Endeavor left. Figures.

"Hitoshi, you know Principal Nezu, and this is Gang Orca and Hawks."

His eyes widened and he bowed, "It's so great to meet you all."

Principal Nezu smiled, "Shinso. I was very impressed with your skills today." The two heroes nodded in agreement.

"Thank you, sir."

"You know, Amaterasu really fought to get in here today. She said you belonged with the students in the hero course." He paused briefly, "And I agree."

I shrieked with excitement and threw my arms around Hitoshi, "I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!"

The three of them laughed while Hitoshi groaned in opposition.

Nezu continued, "I'd like you to continuing training with class 1A a few times a week. Amaterasu, can you arrange that?"

"Yes of course!"

"Great." He looked at Shinso, "You'll be responsible for making up any class work you miss while training, but otherwise, I think it'll work perfectly. Is this what you want to do?"

"Yes, sir. Thank you so much!"

"It's settled then. Great work, Shinso. You're dismissed for the day," Nezu smiled.

As Shinso walked out, Nezu turned his attention to me, "Y/n. I could not be more proud of you. I'm so happy you're home."

"Amaterasu." Gang Orca said, "If you ever decide to get back into hero work, I will always have a spot for you at my firm."

"Thank you so much, Gang Orca. It's an honor," I smiled.

As Nezu and Gang Orca left, Hawks stayed behind. He was staring at me so intensely, it made my heart flutter.

"You know chickadee, I don't know whether to congratulate you or ask you why you've been ignoring me," he smirked.

"Hawks—"

He cut me off, "You are so remarkable."

He slowly approached me, pulled me into his arms, and buried his head into my hair.

"You should be so proud of yourself," he muffled.

He pulled away and looked into my eyes, "You're changing lives."

I blushed at his kind words. The way he always opened up to me left me speechless.

"Hey, can I take you out right now?" He asked.

Well, I can't get out of this one.

"Oh... um, yea, sure." I stuttered.

He started to walk out of the gym, "I'll just wait for you outside."

I waved and went to go grab my stuff.

"Y/n," Shota called. I didn't realize he was still here, and I wasn't thrilled that he saw me with Hawks.