Chapter 31: Warning

**Small Time Jump**

We were leaving for the training camp in just a few hours, and I hadn't slept at all yet. Honestly, it had been over a week since I last slept well at all.

Ever since Toshinori talked to me about my father, I had been a mess. I think Shota knew something was wrong, but I had been avoiding him too. There's no way I'm talking about all of this twice in one week.

To be fair, I left out a lot when Toshinori asked me about my past and my parents and Dabi. I only said enough to make the conversation go away.

I went downstairs to get a glass of water and stood over the sink for a moment.

I wonder if things will ever be normal again...

Suddenly, there was a light knock on my door.

What the hell? It's like 3 in the morning... I had to leave for UA at 5 and our bus left at 6.

I grabbed a knife just in case and held it behind my back as I opened the door.

My eyes widened as I looked at the man on my door step.

"What the fuck are you doing here, Keigo?" I said angrily while walking away, leaving the door open for him to follow.

"Sorry, I know it's late... or early." he said while closing the door behind him.

I held up the knife, "I was ready to kill you. You can't just show up in the middle of the night like that... Scared the shit out of me."

"Really? A quirk like yours, and you grabbed a small knife for protection?" he teased as I rolled my eyes.

I faced him with my arms crossed, "Glad to see you're not dead.... what's it been? almost a month?"

"Y/n, I'm so sorry," he said softly while taking a step towards me.

I held up my hand, motioning him to stop, "Don't come any closer, Keigo. Just tell me why you're here."

He looked down defeatedly, "I'm here on business."

"Business? So you didn't come here to talk about how you swooned over me for weeks and when we finally fuck you disappear? Where the hell have you even been?!"

I could see the pain on his face. Good, this asshole deserves it.

"I've been in Hosu," he mumbled.

"Really? Then where were you during the attack on Hosu?"

"Look, Y/n. I'm not here to talk about me. We need to talk about you."

"No, what you need to do is leave." I was beyond pissed now.

"I'm not leaving until we talk."

"Talk about what?!" I yelled.

"I've been looking into the League of Villains... I think they're coming after you."

Yea, no shit. I already knew that.

"And?" I asked.

"No, Y/n. You don't get it. I know," he trailed off. "I know about everything."

What does he mean everything? Toshinori thought he knew everything too and he was way off.

"What exactly do you think you know, Keigo?"

"Can we just sit?" he asked in a calm voice. I followed him reluctantly to the couch while he continued talking.

He sighed, "I know they tried to recruit you. Once when your parents were captured and again when you announced your departure from America."

Ok, so far so good. Nothing I didn't tell Toshinori.