Chapter 32: Summer Camp

"You ok?" Shota asked.

I broke my gaze away from the window to look at him, "Yea, fine."

Shota just sighed in return.

We were on our way to the training camp, and the bus was loud with excitement.

"I can't wait to make s'mores!" Uraraka yelled above the noise.

Shota slowly turned his head, activating his red, glowing eyes, "This is not a summer camp."

The students snapped shut for a moment and there was complete silence, but as soon as he turned away, they exploded into a roar of laughter.

He released another long sigh.

"Come on, they're still kids," I smiled, elbowing him softly.

He just stared at me before rolling his eyes.

"What? We can't even make s'mores one time," I teased.

"No."

I laughed at his serious demeanor, and I saw a small smile appear on his face at the sound.

"I'm glad I can at least make you laugh. You've looked so sad all morning."

"I'm just tired. I haven't been sleeping well." I smiled at him before grabbing his hand with mine, "Thanks for caring."

He intertwined our fingers and returned my smile. I loved how his touch felt. I had felt so low, so hopeless, but there was a new warmth spreading across me, and I welcomed it openly.

"Mr. Aizawa! Are we almost there!?" Mina asked while appearing directly behind us.

We quickly let go of our hands, hoping she didn't see.

"Get back to your seat," he demanded in a threatening voice.

"Uh, yes sir!" she squirmed before taking off.

I turned my head around, "We're about 10 minutes out! Get ready!"

Once we pulled up to the mountain top, the students began to file out.

"Leave everything here," Shota announced. "We'll worry about it later."

"This is the pro-hero team, The Wild, Wild Pussycats. They'll be helping with your training," Shota explained.

"And!" I interjected. "And. It starts now, so have fun! We'll see you later!"

I laughed as I dragged Shota back to the bus and the students all complained and grumbled.

I plopped on a seat and threw my legs up while Shota sat on the seat across from me.

"Well, it looks like the Pussycats got this taken care of. What do you want to do?" I smiled.

"Mmm, we could sleep."

"Or, instead, why don't you help me take the student's stuff to their rooms?"