her smile

('-ω-')
y/n's pov

----
i begin to open my eyes slowly, scrunching them shut before finally leaving them open. a sleepy smile forms at my lips as the recent memories of giving birth flood back into my mind. after regaining my senses, i prompt my eyes open slowly, focusing my gaze on the sight in front of me.
ignoring the faint pains i can feel in my tender stomach, i glance over at vinnie, who's holding his newborn so close to his chest. her little head fits perfectly in the crook of his arm and i can't help but melt at the sight of them.
small snores escape from her lips as she peacefully sleeps in his arms. vinnie gazes down at her, wrapping the tiny wisps of hair she has around his finger gently, being careful not to wake her up. he smiles down at his daughter, overjoyed with the fact he's become a father of his own.

i shift around in the uncomfortable hospital bed a little bit, before placing my feet onto the cold floor. i feel a shiver run through my spine as i put on a nearby robe i found. a small bump can be seen at my front as walk over to my family. vinnie sets his gaze on me as his eyes follow me before i plop down next to him.

"hi baby" vinnie whispers, in attempt to not  wake the baby up. he places a soft kiss on my forehead, before reaching to grab my jaw and bringing his lips to mine. i smile into the kiss before averting my gaze away from vinnie and setting it on the sleeping baby before me.
"you sleep good?", he asks and i nod my head at his words, before placing my finger in the palm of her miniature hand. she immediately wraps her fingers around mine, clenching it tightly as if she had only moments left with it. i lightly chuckle at her sleepy actions, and the size comparison of our hands.

"we've only had her for 2 hours, and i'm more in love than i was before she was born" vinnie
mutters, not able to take his eyes off of her. "me too, although i don't remember her being this tiny in my stomach. she felt so huge" i state. vinnie let's out a small laugh in response to my words.
"vin?"
he hums in response, brushing his thumb over her rosy cheeks as gently as possible.
"did the doctor say anything about when we can leave?" i ask him, wondering if we'll be able to leave anytime soon or not.
"yep, a little after you fell asleep, she came in and checked on the baby, then she said we can leave anytime we want, as they're aren't any problems we have to worry about"
i sense of relief rushes over me as he speaks. i want to show the baby her new home, and nursery, and hopefully just get her settled in as soon as possible. that's why i was hoping we could go home today. so i'm glad we can.
"oh good, then we can leave later today!" i whisper yell, a little too loud.

the baby's eyes flicker open and a frown falls upon her face, soft cries leaving her lips as vinnie stands up in attempt to calm her down.
"shit" i whisper, my heart starting to ache at the sight of my baby crying.
vinnie rocks her in his arms, gently swaying them from side to side as she quietens down, her cries softening.
"you're so good with her vin, i'm proud of you" i watch his cheeks tint a light shade of red as he blushes. he lowers his gaze back to our baby, as she coos softly, a small smiling playing at her lips. "her smile, look babe" i step closer to them, setting my eyes on her lips that a curved into a smile. "she's perfect vin."
----