dancing in the rain

I place my hand on Vinnie's as we gaze at the sunset in front of us. "I love this babe", I tell him, resting my head on his shoulder. "I love this too, and you.", he replies and kisses my forehead.

I feel a raindrop on my arm.

"Vin, i'm sorry to ruin this perfect moment but I think it's raining."
"Shit, okay just grab the picnic basket, I'll get the blanket.", he says going to stand up. But I pull him back down. "Or"
"Or what?", he asks confused. "We could stay out here, in the rain. I don't give a fuck about getting wet and besides it'll be fun." He nods. The rain starts to get heavier until it's pouring down. I chuckle.

We both get up and intertwine our fingers. "Can I have this dance milady?", Vinnie asks me, positioning our hands in the correct place. "Yes, kind sir", I reply giggling.

We dance in each other's arms for a few minutes, embracing the other with warmth and love. I rest my head in the crook of his neck before saying "Vin, do you think we'll be together forever?"
He chuckles. I lift my head up to look at him as we stop slow dancing. "Of course baby, you're my everything. I don't know if i would be here if it wasn't for you. You're my person y/n, and that's never gonna change" he says and I smile. "Ugh you don't even understand how much I love you", I reply laughing. "I think I love you more"
"Nope, there's no way.", I say giggling.

We continue to dance, conent with each other's presence. The only sound the can be heard is the rain falling onto the ground.
"We have no music Vin" i say chuckling. Vinnie starts to hum a song, our couple song. "Aww Vin you remembered!" "Course I would babe" I hum along with him.
He twirls me around and I lean back as he kisses my lips. I laugh. We stay like that for a while, no interruptions or distractions.

Y/n, are u cold?" he asks me.
"No not yet, i'll tell you when or if i'm cold, are you?" I ask him. "Kinda, I'll manage though." I lift my head up to look at him. "We can go if you want", I tell him. "No, no. It's okay. I'll be fine".
I stop dancing. "Vin, i don't want you to catch a cold.",
He places a kiss on my lips and I smile. "You see this is one of the things I love about you y/n, you're so selfless"
"Stop you're making me blush Vin" I chuckle softly.
"Your touch alone is making me warm y/n, I don't wanna leave just yet", he mumbles into my hair. He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me closer to him.

"Who taught you how to dance?" I ask him. "My dad", he says. "My dad taught me how to do everything. From riding a bike to skating, just everything I know"
"I love that for you", I mumble as he gently kisses my shoulder. "Who taught you babe?" he asks me. "My dad too"

I feel my eyes start to swell as the topic of my dad comes up. A tear falls down from my face and I sniffle. "Baby are you okay?" Vinnie asks taking a step back so he can examine my face. "Yeah, whenever someone mentions my dad it just makes me get emotional", I chuckle whilst wiping away my tears. "Baby i'm so sorry you lost him", Vinnie says wrapping his arms around me and pulling me close. "I know he was a great man, from all you've told me about him I can tell he's just like his daughter. He's watching down on you and I know he's so proud of what you've achieved y/n." Vinnie mumbles before kissing my cheek. "I know, thanks Vin"

"I'm such an idiot, I ruined a perfect moment by crying", I say pulling away from the hug I was engulfed in. "Shush you aren't, the moment's still perfect", Vinnie mumbles.

The rain begins to pour down even harder. "Okay maybe we should go know before we get sick" I chuckle.
We grab the basket and blanket before jogging to the car.

"Fuck my hair is soaking", I say laughing. "We can take a warm bath when we get home if you want?" Vinnie asks starting the car. "I would love that Vin", I say placing my hand on his thigh as he drives away from the beautiful scenery behind us.

a/n!
one of my faves
love you <3

- harri 🤍