me or her pt. 2

(if you haven't read me or her part 1 yet, go read it now!!)

*vinnie's pov*

it's been 3 months since y/n and i broke up. i miss her like crazy.
i made a mistake...a big one.
i was stupid and i thought i loved haley more. i guess i just got caught up in the moment and let it take me away. away from y/n, my one true love.

my heart aches whenever i think about how we left things. i know i left her heartbroken and hurting, i just wish i could find a way to apologise.

the last time i saw y/n was today at school. she looks broken and fragile. she doesn't really socialise with anyone apart from the teachers. i must've caused her so much harm.

*the next day*

(y/n's pov)

it's been 3 months since vinnie broke up with me. i'm trying my best to move on, but it's hard.
it's hard for me to get out of bed, it's hard to even wake up. life is just hard.
my parents think i may need therapy, but i don't want that shit. therapists, they scare me.

school's tough too. there's always a dirty look given every now and then, i don't let it get to me but it's sad to think about the fact that people hate me. just because vinnie and i aren't they're favourite 'it" couple anymore.
no one knows the full story, they all just think we broke up for no reason whatsoever.

the way we ended things really hit home hard. i guess he just loved her more than he loved me.

i guess i could say i'm happy for them, haley and vinnie. i'm not one to hold a grudge so i hope they're happy.
i'll always love vinnie, although he may not love me anymore.

*vinnie's pov*

i pick haley up from her house and we drive to school. as we arrive, i see y/n park her car at the entrance. flashbacks of us together, happy, happy together, flow through my mind. i can't even imagine what's she's going through, and what i put her through.

we both get out of the car and walk to the entrance. we wait at the front with everyone else as we're all pretty early. i spot y/n leaning against a lamppost, scrolling on her phone.

haley catches me staring at her and quickly pulls me in for a kiss.
i don't kiss her back as i continue to stare at y/n. she scoffs and walks away.

y/n lifts her head up to look around and our eyes meet. it felt like the whole world stopped and it was just the two of us.
she smiles and i smile back, my whole face instantly lighting up.
i guess she has forgiven me.
who would've thought a simple smile could mean so much to me?

a/n
lmao i didn't know what to do for pt 2

- harri 🥴