break up ~ pt. 2

warnings - swearing

It's been 4 months since me and Vinnie broke up. It was hard to deal with the heartbreak at first but eventually after 2 months, I got over it. He left me, no explanation, no nothing. My mental health really suffered after he broke up with me. I struggled to get out of bed, to eat and sometimes even to wake up. I see Vinnie at school everyday. He looks pretty shaken up and broken. I'm not sure why he's suffering when he broke up with me. I try not to think about it too much, but I do think about it every now and then. Everything's great now, I met someone new and i'm happy.

*vinnie's pov*

These past 4 months have been hell. I'm glad she's happy, but I hate having to deal with seeing her happy with someone that's not me. I was so stupid for breaking her heart, I regret it every single minute of the day. She has a new boyfriend now, I know she'll never take me back. But I need the chance to apologise to her for what I did. I can't text her or call her because she blocked me on all platforms, all her friends tell me she doesn't want to see me, and I know that. I just need to get my message across. I want us to be on good terms, that's if she'll forgive me. I hope she does.

*y/n's pov*

"Bro! What the fuck!" my boyfriend Dylan shouted at the screen. He was currently playing video games, as usual. It doesn't bother me all the time unless he spends the whole day doing it.

I was just scrolling on tiktok, when a notification from an unknown number popped up on my screen.

unknown: hello y/n, meet me at bursbey park in 45 minutes.
you: who is this? and how did you get my number
unknown: you'll see once you get here

Who the fuck is that? And what do they want with me? I don't know if I should go or not. If I do, I can't tell Dylan, he'd freak out and wouldn't let me go. I'll just say i'm going to the library to study, he won't care anyway.

"Hey babe", I say to Dylan, who's deeply involved in his game to pay attention to me. "Dylan!", I shout. He removes his headphones and turns around to face me. "Yeah", he answers. "I'm gonna head to the library, to study.", I say getting up from his bed. "Oh okay, bye", he says turning back around and continuing with his game. I scoff. He can be really annoying sometimes. Anyway, off to bursbey park I go. I grab my bag, keys and pepper spray, just in case.

I get to bursbey park to see absolutely no one. I check my phone to see if there are any messages but there aren't. Wait, so I got stood up by mr unknown? how fun. I turn around ready to leave to see a hooded figure standing in front of me. I jump. It's Vinnie. "Fuck man, don't scare people like that." I say, still shocked. "I should've know it would be you", I roll my eyes.

"Sorry for scaring you. Wanna sit down?", he says, motioning to the bench next us. I sit. "You have 5 minutes, I'm cold." I say, rubbing my sides. "Here, have my jacket", he says while removing his jacket and handing it to me. "Thanks Vin, I mean Vinnie", I say awkwardly. I put the jacket on and zip it up. He smiles. "Anyway y/n, I would like to apologise for my past mistakes. Stupid, stupid mistakes. When i broke up with you, I was in a really dark place. I was going through so much shit that I didn't tell you about. It really affected me and I didn't know if I would be able to juggle that and be a good boyfriend. That's why I broke up with you. But now I realise that was a mistake.", He says looking into my eyes. "Yeah it was Vinnie, you really broke my heart. I went to a dark place myself, and it wasn't looking good for me for a while. My parents were really worried about me.", I say after him. "I know, i'm really sorry y/n, like really sorry. And I just now plucked up the courage to apologise. I should've done it months ago.", he says.

"You're forgiven Vinnie, let's just put that stuff in the past"  I place my hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry had to go through that stuff to, you should've told me, I could've helped you" He shrugs his shoulders. "Anyway, how's life with your new boyfriend?", he asks me.
"Umm, great" I reply, lying. "Are you sure y/n?", he asks me knowing i'm lying. "Yeah Vin, positive", I say with a fake smile. "If you say so", he replies, with a smile afterwards. I don't tell Vinnie about Dylan being a shitty boyfriend because I don't want him to get involved. That's all.

We sit in a comfortable silence before Vinnie speaks. "Look y/n, i'm still in love with you. I smile whenever I hear your name, or see you in the corridor at school. It's hard seeing you in love with someone else but I know it's my fault. I'm not asking you to take me back or break up with your boyfriend but I just wanted you to know that".

"Vin... I don't know what to say."

"Well how about this", Vinnie says before moving closer to me. He places his hand on my cheek, using his thumb to rub it gently. His face is now a centimetre away from mine. I breath lightly before smashing my lips against his. His hand makes it way to my thighs before he grips them gently. He smiles against the kiss before pulling away. I chuckle.

"I've been wanting to do that that for a while" he says grinning. "Me too."

"What about your boyfriend y/n?, he asks me.

"Fuck him", I reply before laughing. I grab Vinnie's neck and pull his head towards me. He chuckles before kissing me passionately, once again.

a/n!
part 3?

- harri ;-)