me or her

warnings: swearing

Vinnie's been getting really close to his best friend Haley recently. She's been everywhere with us, from just hanging out to even a few dates. I'm getting quite tired of it actually. She's nice and all, but maybe a little too nice. She's always smiling and giggling, I've noticed she's starting to get a bit touchy with Vinnie too. It's pretty annoying. I know I shouldn't let it bother me, but it does. I watch everything she does, but Vinnie is just too distracted all the time to see it. He loves me and I know he'd never leave me so everything should be fine. I hope...

Vinnie asks me if I want to hang out.

vin🖤: hi beautiful, wanna go skating?
you: yep, when love?
vin🖤: around 5?
you: sounds good. i'll meet you at the skatepark
vin🖤: okay baby. ooh can Haley come?
you: umm yeah i guess
vin🖤: great! she's not been feeling the best lately so im glad you're becoming friends with her. i love you bye baby.
you: yep. i love you too.

Ugh. Haley's coming. Perfect. Just perfect. I'm sure it'll be fine as long as she doesn't do anything stupid. And Vinnie thinks I like her? Great.

I pick up my board from the floor and walk out of my house. I skate towards the skatepark and get there in about 10 minutes.

what you're wearing:

what haley's wearing: (just so you get a visual of what she looks like)

(just so you get a visual of what she looks like)

what haley's wearing: (just so you get a visual of what she looks like)

(i love both fits so much omg)

I reach the skatepark and stop skating, I then pick up my board and walk through the gates.
I see Vinnie and Haley laughing together and she puts her hand on Vinnie's shoulder. I know for sure she has a crush on him now.
Oooh, the way that girl makes my blood boil. Skating in a skirt? Make it make sense. I don't let it get to me and continue to walk towards them.

"Hey baby!", Vinnie says to me pulling me in for a hug. I hug him back and kiss his lips. "Hi Vinnie" I say back, grabbing his hand. "Y/n! I've missed you so much! It's been like forever since we've talked! What's up?", Haley says pulling me in for a hug, detaching mine and vinnie's hands. "Oh nothing, you?", I ask her. I pull away, grabbing Vinnie's hand again. "Same,  just been hanging out with Vin. Nothing too important.", she replies giggling. Vinnie just stands there and smiles.

"How fun." I say sarcastically, letting out an awkward chuckle after. "Okay ladies, how about we do what we came here to do!", Vinnie says, breaking the silence. "And what's that my Vinnie baby bear!", she replies in a baby voice, scrunching her nose. She takes a step closer to him. I look at him, shocked. "Skate!", Vinnie says.

"Vinnie, can we talk?", I say to him. "Yeah go ahead.", he replies. "Alone."
"Oh, yeah sure babe. Come on" , he grabs my hand and pulls me away from where we were previously standing. Haley skates away, acting like nothing happened.

"What the fuck was that Vinnie?", I say to him angrily. "What are you talking about y/n, and why are you so mad?" he replies confused. "You know what i'm talking about, Vin. Haley! She's been so touchy to you recently and it's getting pretty annoying. Vinnie baby bear? What the fuck is that?", I saw with my arms crossed.

He chuckles. "Y/n baby. We're just friends, nothing more. Vinnie b- that nickname she calls me, is just a nickname. Trust me. Nothings going on. I want you and only you", he replies, kissing my forehead soon after.

"I can tell she likes you Vin," I say. "Okay, and? So what? I don't like her back!", he replies, grabbing my hand. "You better not", I say smiling now. "There's my girl", Vinnie says before we skate off into the sunset.

Vinnie begins to show Haley some new tricks he learnt. "Woohoo!! That's my best friend!!!" she shouts. I roll my eyes and cross my arms.

Vinnie barely even talks to me the whole outing.

Haley gets ready to leave and he hugs her. She kisses his cheek. "Bye Vinnie baby bear!, she says before turning around and walking away.

"Ugh, she's really getting on my nerves Vin", I say to him as we walk out of the skatepark, hand in hand. "You are too", I say really low, making sure he doesn't hear me. "Babe, come on, she's just being friendly.", he says squeezing my hand gently. We stop walking. We turn to face each other. "I'm just gonna go home Vin, i'll see you later.", I say letting go of his hand. "Babe..." He doesn't get to finish his sentence as I turn around before he can. I walk home sadly.

As I shut the front door behind me, I get a text from Vinnie.

vin🖤: baby, i'm hope your not still mad at me
you: nope.
vin🖤: well you seem mad
you: i'm not tho vin, seriously. can we just stop talking about this?
vin🖤: yep, whatever you want love
you: i have to go, i have homework to do. i love you
vin🖤: i love you more babe, and i'm sorry btw
*read*

I left him on read. Honestly he deserves it right now. Too blind to see she's clearly trying to make a move in some way.

*the next day*

I wake up to over 100 notifications coming in. People are asking me if Vinnie and Haley are dating, I see comments shipping them and much more. I can't do this anymore.

I text Vinnie telling him to come over.

you: vin come over please
vin🖤: sure baby, can't wait to see you
you: mhmm

I just want to get this over and done with. He has to choose. He finally arrives, and comes into my bedroom.

"Hi y/n", he says kissing my cheek. "Hello Vinnie", I reply sitting down on the bed. I pat the empty space next to me, motioning for him to come sit down. He does.

"What's up?", he asks.

"Vinnie, i'm tired of this Haley shit. People are asking me if you and her are dating, shipping you too, all my comments are about her. I know you'll say I have nothing to worry about, but they wouldn't be saying that stuff if I didn't. She comes everywhere with us Vin, even on dates. You're starting to see her more than you see me. I don't want to come off as jealous or anything as I know she's your best friend, but obviously she wants something with you. You can't see it but I do. I don't wanna be the stupid girlfriend that sits at the side, not doing anything."

"Babe, I-i don't know what to say", Vinnie looks at me. "You have to choose Vin", I say to him calmly.

"What? You can't ask me this. I'm not gonna choose between my best friend and girlfriend."
"Vinnie, me or her, I won't say it again.", I reply sternly. "I- I can't babe, i just can't. I just- don't know."he says, tears forming in his eyes. A tear falls from his eye, streaming down his face. "Y/n, I dont want to have to do this. Please. Just let me fix this" he replies, now sobbing "Vinnie just choose. It's shouldn't be that hard. Me or her." i reply, a tear falling down from my eye as I know what his answer will be.

He uses his sleeve to wipe his face. "Haley.", he says looking down. "I knew it", I say whilst crying, grabbing my keys and running out of my bedroom door. "Y/n wait!, Vinnie shouts. He tries to chase after me but I drive away before he can.

a/n
part 2?

- harri