butterflies

*vinnie's pov*

i smile softly at my phone as i notice my friend j watching me. "you really like her don't you?"
"yeah" i say as i continue to text y/n.
"when's your third date?"
"tommorow" i reply, failing to look up at him
"where are you taking her?" he asks me curiously.
"that, i cannot tell you"
"why not?" j asks eagerly, picking up a fry from my plate. "because i don't trust you enough not to tell her"
"you're right, fair enough" he replies before throwing it in his mouth.

y/n and i have been friends for almost 2 years. i've had this big crush on her for the past year and i only plucked up the courage to ask her out on a date about 2 weeks ago. it'll now be our third date and i have something really special planned...

the school bell rings and everyone stands up from their lunch tables and walks out. i grab my bag and head to the lockers to get what i need for my next period. i notice y/n leaned against her locker talking to her friend. i get whatever i need out of there and close it. her friend eventually walks away and she opens her locker up. i walk over to her and smile.

"hey y/n" i mumble nervously. "hey vin" she says hugging me. "what's up?" she asks me looking at the floor. "umm, not much" i reply leaning against the locker next to hers. "yeah, same. nothings really going on"
we both let out a sigh, then turn to face each other. she smiles. "do we have english together?" i nod in response. she intertwines her fingers with mine and drags me to class. the non existent butterflies in my stomach start to flap their wings around.

"you still up for that date, tommorow?" she asks me as we arrive at our next lesson. "nah, i don't really like you" i say jokingly.
her eyes widen as she laughs. "we both know that's a lie vincent, you love me" she says letting go of my hand and playing with my fingers. "i love your rings vin!" she says holding my hand up to her face.
i slide one off with my other hand and place it in the palm of her hand. "have it" i mumble smiling.
"aww thanks vinnie!" she says kissing my cheek. "i will cherish it forever" she says chuckling, before sliding it onto her finger. the nonexistent butterflies are starting to fly really fast now.

we walk into our class and go to our usual seats.
"hey do you wanna sit together?" i ask her before she sits down where she usually does.
"sure, let me just tell my friend"

i wait a few minutes before she walks over and sits next to me at the back. "mr greene?"
"mr greene"
we groan at the same time. "he's so fucking boring, i literally almost fall asleep every class" i mumble before turning to face her. "yeah, me too" she says getting her stuff out of her bag

the whole duration of that class was just y/n and i laughing our heads off, and everyone turning around to face us, then eventually getting in trouble with the teacher.

"i know right, that day was too funny" y/n whispers, trying to catch her breath back from laughing so hard. "yes, yes it was" i reply placing my hand on my stomach.

"well i'll see you tomorrow y/n" i mumble before waving. she smiles and waves before walking away.

a/n?
do you want part two where they actually go on the date?
lemme know

- harri <3