butterflies pt. 2

"what the fuck am i supposed to wear?" i shout out in aggravation, as i scavenge for appropriate clothes for my date with vinnie.
i call avani to see if she can help me.
i pick up my phone and tap 'avaniluv" and she picks up within two seconds.
avani's my go to friend for outfit advice, she's always got a helping hand when it comes to fashion.

"avani please i need help with what to wear for my date!"
"i got you girl! hmm, do you know where you're going?"
"nope, he hasn't told me. should i ask him?", i reply, my hand aggressively switching between outfit possibilities.
"yeah ask him if you should wear casual or fancy"
"ok i'll text him"
"stay on the call", i say to her before proceeding to text vinnie

you: hey vin, ik your not gonna tell me where we're going but can u at least tell me if i should wear casual or not?!??
vin: doesn't matter, i want u to be as comfortable as possible
you: u sure?
vin: yep, wear whatever u want
you: okay ty
vin: don't forget, i'll pick up at 7
you: see ya

"okay he said i can wear whatever i want" i say to avani, who i hope is still on the line.

"hmm, maybe the oversized sweatshirt that i wore the other day at yours?"
"yeah that would go really well with those khaki pants you have"
"yes!" i scream into the phone, joy and happiness taking over my body as i squeal in excitement.
i pull both of those out of my closet and throw them on as quickly as possible, so i have enough time to do my makeup.

what you're wearing:

"should i do everyday makeup or little bit more  than everyday?" "love you don't need any makeup, but if u really want to go for everyday makeup, not too much""okay okay", i say, completely ignoring her compliment as i start on my makeup

"love you don't need any makeup, but if u really want to go for everyday makeup, not too much"
"okay okay", i say, completely ignoring her compliment as i start on my makeup.
"what time's he picking you up again?"
"7"
"you need to hurry up then!"
i know i know, i'm trying" i say trying to complete what i'm doing quickly.
after about 20 minutes i finish my makeup, slide my keys into my back pocket and tidy my room a bit. i hold my phone up to the mirror and say "avani look!"
she turns her head to look at her phone and gasps.
"you look amazing!"
"thank you and thank you for helping me too. i love you!"
"love you more girl have fun!"
"i'll tell you everything after okay?, bye!"
"bye y/n/n"

i end the call before hearing a knock at my door. a wave of nervousness rushes over as i walk down the stairs and open the door. vinnie stands there in awe, eyeing me up and down. "wow, you look so pretty y/n", vinnie says, furrowing his eyebrows. " thank you vinnie! you look really nice too" i say kissing his cheek.
a pale red shade grows on his cheeks before he says "we need to get going!"
he grabs my hand hastily before dragging me out of my house, i shut the door just in time.

we drive to a deserted field area, the sky a pale purple and pink, as the sun starts to set.
flowers and bushes surround the parking lot, i assume this is a popular scenery area for people if there's a parking lot.
we get out of the car and vinnie grabs my hand before smiling. "cover your eyes", he says before leading me. i place a hand over my eyes and hope vinnie doesn't lead me into a tree or something.

"what's taking so long vin?" i say starting to get impatient. "just a few more seconds" he mumbles. i hear birds whistling and leaves rustling before we stop. "okay we're here, you can open your eyes now" i exhale softly and open my eyes slowly.

my mouth immediately falls open as tears start to brim in my eyes. brightly lit fairy lights cover the trees and bushes, a soft argyle blanket is placed neatly on the grass, picnic baskets, plates and cutlery laid neatly on top of it. i notice a projector facing towards a blank wall with an off white bed sheet draped over it. a single tear slowly falls from my eye. i turn to face a smiling vinnie.
he squeezes my hand gently before saying "you like it?"
"i love it vinnie, thank you"
"you didn't have to do all this" i say sniffing, before wiping the fallen tears off my face.
he pulls me closer to him and whispers in my ear. "you're in for a treat", i tense slightly at his voice, huskiness bordering his tone.

i squeal in excitement as i skip over to the picnic. "vinnie this is just too cute!" i jump up as happiness and contentment takes over my body. "and look at this view!" i say in awe, gazing at the exquisite sight in front of me.
i squeeze vinnie's arm gently before we both sit cross-legged on the blanket. i open the picnic basket, a feast of various food situated in it. "i got all of your favourite food, and snacks. i wanted this to be as special as possible, because...well, you deserve it y/n" i blush at his words as my cheeks turn to a rosy pink colour. i kiss his cheek softly in response.

after a while of chatting, eating, and watching movies, whilst admiring the beautiful sunset ahead of us, vinnie starts to sing a peaceful melody, it is actually calming.

"i didn't peg you as a singer vincent" i say giggling, playfully puching his forearm.
"there's a lot of stuff you don't know about me y/n"
"like? i mutter furrowing my eyebrows as i await a response from vinnie. he's always been a mysterious person, that's something i admire about him. you'll never fully know everything about him.
"we don't need to discuss anything in detail right now, let's just enjoy each other's company. i open my mouth to speak, but close it shortly after.
he places his hand on mine and grasps my fingers, turning his head to face the descending sunset in front of us. i lightly grab his jaw with both hands, twisting his head to face me. i caress his cheek softly before bringing his lips to meet mine in a gentle kiss, making my stomach flutter. i smiled into the kiss, before pulling away and staring into his eyes. small gold flecs stand out as i admire every single bit of them, examining every corner of his eyes.

that was our first kiss, and i was glad it was as special as it could be.

his eyes skim over my face before he whispers "you're so beautiful, i can't wait to call you mine", in the hopes i wouldn't hear him, but i did.
"shit, i didn't mean to say that out loud" he chuckles nervously before running his fingers through his curls.

"y/n, i've been meaning to ask you this for a while, ever since we became friends actually. we have this connection that i've never had with anyone else. i really, really like you and i believe you're perfect for me, and you're the only person i can see a future with. will you be my girlfriend?"

my stomach flutters as i squealed happily, letting him know my answer. he pulls me in for a gentle kiss before placing a kiss on my forehead. "yes vinnie, i will. and i feel the same way", i reply before he encircles his arms around my waist, our close proximity sending my heart racing.

after a few moments of silence, a peaceful and calm atmosphere had surrounded us and we were happy, basking in each other's presence.

a/n
hope you liked it!

- harri 🤍