partytime

The party of the year. Everyone was going. There would be drinks, food, everything. I don't have a big thing for party's but I go every once in a while. Only if Mae, my best friend, goes too. I wrap myself in a warm towel I had just got out of the dryer after getting out of the shower. I walk out of my bathroom and into my bedroom to see my clothes laid out on the bed, ready for me to wear them.

what you're wearing:

I get a text from Mae saying she's outside

I get a text from Mae saying she's outside. I quickly run down the stairs and swing open the front door. My parents are out of town with my little brother for his baseball tournament so i'm home alone. "Hey Mae" I say pulling her into a hug. "Hi bestie" she replies wrapping her arms around me. "I've missed you, you know" she says, punching my arm playfully. "It's been like 3 whole days since i've seen you!" I smile, pulling out of the hug. "Let's go upstairs, I'm about to do my makeup" I tell her before turning around. "And by the way, you look stunning! I love your fit" I compliment her and she giggles. "Stop, you look much better then me and you know it!" I roll my eyes. Mae and I always tell the other that they look better, play fighting.

what mae's wearing:

* 1 hour later *

"Come on y/n! we're gonna be late! I plan on getting drunk tonight, so let's get going!" Mae says to me, tugging on my arm. "Okay okay, i'm done" I reply, standing up. I straighten my dress up, put on my heels and grab my bag. We then walk out of my bedroom, turning the lights off and walking down the stairs carefully. I turn off all the lights downstairs before walking out of the door with Mae. We get in my car and drive to the party.

As we pull up to the house where the party is taking place at, the first thing I see are loads of people on the front lawn, with red cups in hand. Extremely loud music is blasting from inside party lights cover the house. I park my car and step out. Mae does the same. We get to the front door, shimmying our way through crowds of people dancing and making out. The smell of alcohol and weed instantly consumes me. "Let's get drinks!", Mae shouts to me over the loud party music. I wasn't planning on drinking tonight, but I guess one drink won't hurt. "Sure!" I reply, grabbing her hand and walking towards the kitchen where the drinks are. A large group of boys surround the kitchen island, talking and laughing. One boy in particular catches my eye. He has medium length light brown curly hair, hazel eyes and an amazing smile. Oh boy, he's attractive. He's wearing an oversized sweatshirt, brown trousers and a bunch of rings. His hair almost covers his eyes, and he constantly runs his hands through it.

The other boys look around his age, and are all laughing and joking about too. "Shut the fuck up Vinnie, they did not say that!", a girl says whilst laughing, one of her arms draped over Vinnie's shoulder. He must have a girlfriend. Oh well. I look back to see him remove her arm and walk towards me. Wait what? He's walking over to me! I tap Mae's arm which makes her stop the conversation she was in. "What?" she asks me, looking quite frustrated. "There's a cute guy coming this way! I think he's coming over to talk to us!" I reply, a big smile forming on my face. "Okay, act natural", she says, as the guy stops in front of me. I smile.

*vinnie's pov*
I'm getting quite tired of my fucking ex hitting on me all the time. This party's getting quite boring too. Some of guys are smoking, which doesn't really bother me as they do it all the time. I see this girl though, talking to another girl. They are both pretty, but one of them catches my eye the most. She's so beautiful, and her outfit, I love it. As she dances her body sways with the music and I can't help but drool. My ex, Sarah, puts her arm on my shoulder whilst talking to the others. She grips my bicep quite harshly, causing me to remove her arm. "Hey, quit that.", I say. She looks unbothered, continuing to talk to my friends. I decide to go talk to the girl on the other side of the kitchen.

y/n's pov

"Hi!", I say yelling so he can hear me over the loud music. "I'm y/n, and this is Mae." She waves. "Hey, I'm Vinnie, what's up?" he reply's looking quite nervous. "It's nice to meet you Vinnie", I smile at him, running my fingers through my hair. He looks down then up again. "Let's head upstairs, where it's a bit quieter", Vinnie says, grabbing my hand. Mae turns to look at me, then winks. I roll my eyes. "I'll be back okay? If you need me text me" "Okay!" she says, doing a shot.

Vinnie and I head upstairs, hand in hand, looking for an empty room. We finally find one and I sit down on the bed. Vinnie does the same, sitting beside me with a red cup in his hand.

"So, was that your girlfriend down there?" I ask him smirking. "No no, my ex. She keeps on trying to get back with me but i don't want to. She's kinda of a bitch." he replies.

"Oh yeah, why?" I ask. "Well firstly, she talked to multiple other guys while with me, cheated on me, and is just plain rude in general", Vinnie says, looking into my eyes. "Shit, i'm sorry" I say, feeling bad for him. Nobody has ever cheated on me before but I can't imagine what that must feel like. "Nah, don't worry. I was gonna end things soon anyway. It's all good now though" he replies.

"This party is getting pretty lame, wanna head out?", he asks me shrugging his shoulders. Mae had already left us alone, chugging down as many drinks as she could, whilst dancing and socialising with others.

"I can't" I reply frowning. I see a small frown forming on his face too, which makes me blush. He wants to be around me. I smile to myself  "Mae is probably already drunk, and i can't leave her on her own". "Oh, well what a good friend you are" he says laughing. We sat there for a few minutes, in a comfortable silence.

"You look really pretty tonight", Vinnie says, scratching his cheek. I look at him blankly. "Wait I didn't mean it like that, you probably look pretty everyday, I just-", he says frantically whilst look around. "I get what you mean Vinnie, don't worry." "And thanks", I say. "You don't look too bad yourself". "Why thank you miss y/n", he says in a posh accent. We both laugh together. "It was nice meeting you Vinnie, can i get your number? I'll call you later" I ask him nervously. "Yep, sure" He hands me his phone and i put my number in. I save myself as 'y/n'  and hand him his phone back. "Here you go", I say. He slips it into his back pocket. "I'm gonna head back downstairs now, coming?", Vinnie asks me, reaching out for my hand. I grab it, standing up. I blush at the contact. We both walk out of the unknown room together and go down the stairs. I can't see Mae but i'm sure she's fine. "Bye Vinnie", I say kissing his cheek. I walk away, in search of my most likely drunk friend.

a/n!
hope you liked it!