insecure

(。╯︵╰。)
y/n's pov

----
tears stream down my face as i stare at my body in the mirror. i run my hands down my exposed legs and stomach as i grasp at the parts that are a little bigger than the rest. i've always tried to love myself, but it's difficult when there are thin models that everyone looks up to.
there are times where i will stop eating for a day or two to lose a little weight, but i would never tell vinnie that because it would crush him. he's always told me how much he loves me, and my body, and i appreciate him for it.
i can't help but ask myself why he chose me. of all people.
i lean against the bathroom counter, fiddling with my fingers, not wanting to look at myself any longer.

and that's when i hear a gently knock at the door.

"babe? you okay? you've been in there for a while" i heard vinnie on the other side of the door, his voice is calm and gentle.

i don't want him to see me crying or sad, i don't want him to worry. a louder sob erupts from my mouth and i immediately fling a hand up to it. i curse myself for being too loud and i hear vinnie shift a little.
"baby?" he calls out once again, concern clear in his voice.
i clear my throat to prevent any voice cracks before speaking. "i'm fine vin" i lie, before staring at myself once more. i tug at the waistband of my shorts as i pull them up a little higher.

my mascara is beyond smeared now and i walk up to the sink, rubbing my eyes a little to try and get rid of any signs that i've been crying.

"i thought i heard a cry" he says

"i'm okay vinnie" i lie again.

"you sure?" i look down at the floor and close my eyes, in the hopes that it'll just suck me in and i'll be free from this.

"baby, let me in, please" he says, his voice laced with serenity.

"you wouldn't understand" i blurt out shuddering slightly. i took a deep breath to prevent any more cries leaving my lips.
i look towards the door, imagining vinnie leaning against it, a worried expression on his face.

"i promise, it's okay" his voice is soothing. i hesitate a little before placing my hand on the doorknob and pushing it open slightly.

i look at vinnie, his gaze immediately falls on me. he notices the skin around my eyes is puffy, and my cheeks are red. he examines me a little before placing a hand on my arm.

i start to break down again at his worried state. i'm the cause off all of this.

the sight of me causes vinnie to slowly bring his arms up to wrap around my waist. i couldn't  hold my emotions back any longer. i bury my face in the crook of his neck, as he places a hand in my hair "you're okay, i'm here" he soothes, stroking my hair softly. i feel myself relax into him as an arm wraps around my waist.

his presence calms me a little, but i'm too torn apart to speak. i want to tell him everything, and i will in good time, i just need to recollect myself first.
"i'm sorry" i sniffle slightly, before looking up at him. he furrows his eyebrows, showing his confusion as he frowns a little.

"for what?" he whispers, pulling me closer.
i pause, not wanting him to here any more sadness in my voice. i don't want him to worry, but i'm afraid that ship has already sailed.

"talk to me y/n" he pleads, but not in an annoying way, in a calm way, softer than i've every heard him before.

"i-, i just-" i fail to give him a proper answer.

"take your time, we have forever to sort things out. okay?" he reassures, and a faint smile forms at the corner of my lips as i sink back onto him, my entire weight resting on him as we lean against the counter. i nod my head slightly at his words and i feel him press a kiss to my forehead, which lightens me up a little.

"i love you, so much. whenever you're ready to talk, i'll be here"
----

a/n..
currently crying rn
where can i get a vinnie 😕