Ch.10 Past, Present & Future

Hikari's pov

"Hey mom made you some soup." Yua said placing a bowl and a glass of water on my desk next to my bed.

"Thanks." I groaned sitting up. Yua laughed at my bed head before fixing it. I woke up not feeling well. I had a hard time sleeping last night and my dreams were weird. It kept feeling like someone was trying to tell me something.

"Are you feeling better?"

"Somewhat, I'm just hungry and sleepy."

"Yua hurry up! I don't need you late again." mom yelled from the bottom of the stairs. Yua gave me a confronting smile and stood up.

"I'll bring you boba after school." I watched her leave and then went back to my soup. After eating I took a hot shower. I looked at myself in the mirror after getting out. The bags under my eyes were dark and puffy. "Probably the lack of sleep." I said rolling my eyes. I went to grab my under eye patches from under the skin only to find out they were missing. I searched under the skin confused before remembering that Yua asked to use them last night.

"Of course she didn't put them back." I say entering her room locating the under eye patches that were sitting on her desk.

"I'm surprised she can find stuff."I cringed at the state of her messy room. Walking out of her room I picked up the picture of us at the beach that sat on her dresser. I stared at it remembering that summer. I went to place the frame back when I heard the voice again.

"Be careful. They're coming after you again." the female voice whispered. I dropped the frame startled. "I'm definitely not hearing things"

I heard Yua's door opened and my confused father stood there.

"Honey, why are you in your sister's room?"

'Hmm?" I turned to him. "Nothing just getting my eye patches." I quickly picked up the frame and went back to my room. "Maybe I should try talking back to the voice. No that's crazy." I thought to myself sitting in bed. I yawned laying back in bed. I decided to watch anime. A little while later there was a knock at my door.

"It's open!" I yell pausing the show. My dad peaked his head in.

"I'm heading to work. Do you need anything before I leave?"

"No, I'm actually gonna take a nap." I yawned.

"Call me or your sister if you need anything." I nodded rolling over and pulled my blanket over me. I looked out the window watching the rain fall down. The weather had started to get colder and there had been more rain than usual. I loved that my bed was against a window. I was able to watch the rain or snow fall. It started to rain down heavier. Something about watching the rain like this felt familiar. A lot of things lately felt familiar. At times I thought it was just me but at other times I thought there could be something more. Was there? There had to be a reason for my dreams right? And what about Yua? Was it just a coincidence that we've been having similar dreams? I shook my head and laid back down and watched the rain fall down until my eyes grew heavy.

I looked around me and there was mud everywhere. I heard footsteps so I hurried to my feet and ran as fast as they would carry me. "You have to get away." The voice in my head told me. I stopped in my tracks trying to catch my breath.

"Who are you? Why do you keep telling me to run!" I yelled out looking for someone, anyone.

"Just keep going." They replied. The footsteps got closer so I took off running again. I didn't know how but my feet knew which way to run. It felt like I had no control. I've been here before. This was the same path I already ran down.