Ch.8 Sunset

" What the hell happened out there? You had a simple mission and it fell through. Explain yourselves!" The older women yelled from her desk at the two teenage boys in front of her.

"We were attacked, you didn't send backup like we asked!" The older of the two boys shot back now standing in front of the desk.

"Who the hell do you think you are? Don't get smart with me Riyoshi!"

"Can we just take our punishment and go?" The younger one asked standing up from his chair.

"Both of you go back to your rooms and await your punishment." The two boys walked down the long dark halls back to their rooms in silence.

"Why'd you have to talk back? You couldn't have just let her yell at us like she normally does could you?"

"Cuz I felt like it, alright? If you don't like it too bad." Riyoshi said hotly as he walked back to his room completely unbothered.

"Can you at least not get me mixed up in your issues!"

"Bye Akio!" Riyoshi yelled back while throwing up the peace sign.

"I really hate him sometimes." Akio walked into his room slamming his door behind him.

Akio tossed himself onto his bed sighing heavily. He stared up at the ceiling of the dark room. He had grown accustomed to being alone besides when he was with Riyoshi. His route had been the same as long as he could remember. Wake up early. Breakfast. Training. There was never any room for change. Everyone here had a goal and needed to do everything to complete that goal. He didn't remember much of his childhood. This was the only life he knew.

"Aye Akio you up? Amelia summoned us, let's go." Riyoshi said as he walked Akio's room without even a warning.

"You really should learn to knock." Akio stated grumpy but Riyoshi was already walking out of his room towards Amelia's office.

"That was rude man."

"If you're gonna whine at least whine about the fact that we are about to be punished for a mistake we didn't even make. Or the fact that the people we called friends lied to Amelia to save their own asses." Riyoshi said as he looked Akio in the eye.

"Yea but what's done is done, you can't just stay angry." Akio calmly replied

Riyoshi just shook his head then kept walking to Amelia's office. Akio sighed and followed after him. Ameila was typing furiously behind her computer when they arrived. She sat there with her hands moving a mile a minute.

"You wanted to see us?" Riyoshi spoke up after a few minutes. Amelia finally looked up and starred at the boys for a few seconds before returning her attention back to her computer.

"Hmm yeah, you're off the hook for now. Go get changed for training."

"That's not like her." Akio said once they were out of earshot.

"She probably has something bigger planned for us." The boys shared a defeated look before going inside their rooms. It wasn't too long after when Riyoshi came knocking on Akio's door.

"Riyoshi I swear you better want something. I was almost asleep." Akio said grumpily, opening his door to see Riyoshi dressed in his all black training uniform. He sighed knowing what this meant.

"Get dressed. We have to be in the training room at 10. And fix your bedhead"

Riyoshi Pov

Akio and I walked into the training room were the rest of our team mates from the mission were. Some other guys who were training to be on our level. Akio and I started to train a little but on our own as we waited for the instructor. Well until Levi decided to open his mouth.