Ch.25 Bloodthrist

Akio's pov

It was the next night and it was Hikari and I's turn to make dinner. We cooked mostly in silence with an occasional question about dinner here and there. We still haven't spoken to each other since yesterday. I couldn't bring myself to talk to her. I felt bad for blowing up at her just because I couldn't control how jealous I was.

"Are you gonna talk to me or just keep staring at me?" she asked cutting up a block of tofu .

"Sorry...." I mumbled, stirring the pot in front of me.

"Did I do something for you to be mad at me?" She pouted, putting the food down and giving me her full attention. I shook my head, taking the tofu from her, adding it with the rest of the ingredients in the pot.

"Then why have you been ignoring me since yesterday? I tried to talk to you again last night but you brushed me off."

"I was annoyed and snapped at you. I don't like what he did to you." I sighed, finally giving in.

"By him you mean Haru?" She questioned. My body stiffened just by hearing his name.

"You don't have to protect me from him. He's a good guy." She smiled. How was she smiling after what he did?

"How can you say that after he lied to you and hurt your sister?" I snapped. How can you defend him after all that he's put you guys through?" She sighed and looked away for a moment before looking back at me.

"I know he only did what he did to protect us and because our parents asked him to. I promise he's not a bad guy. Yua will forgive him eventually. I know he might seem like the enemy right now but he'll come around." she said, looking at me with pleading eyes. She makes it almost impossible not to give in to her. Maybe she does have feelings for Haru. Every time we talk about him she defends him. She was always so warm and comforting.

"Fine, I'll drop it for now." she smiled engulfing me in a hug. I tensed up at the sudden action but then tightly wrapped my arms around her.

"Weren't you the enemy at one point? And now look at us."

"Yeah, yeah I know." I sighed, pulling her closer if that was even possible. I couldn't let Haru take her away from me. I was falling in too deep.She pulled away slightly, smiling up at me.

"What?" I laughed.

"Thank you for looking out for me. To be honest at first I didn't even think you liked me." she laughed. I laughed looking down at her.

"How could I not like you..." I mumbled, staring at her lips and then back to her eyes. My hands cupped the sides of her face pulling her towards, almost closing the gap between us. I felt her cheeks grow warm under my hands. As I leaned in she spoke up.

"Akio?"

"Hmm?"

"The food."

"Oh shit!" I let her go and immediately turned off the burners luckily before dinner was ruined.

"I don't think Riyoshi would forgive us if we burned down the house."

"Burn the house down and you're both dead." Riyoshi said walking into the kitchen. "Why is your face so red?" he asked, stepping closer to us.

"It's not." I mumbled walking past him feeling how hot my cheeks were. The things she does to me. I was right. She is gonna drive me crazy.

"Hikari, I'm not letting you braid my hair."

"Why not? It'll look cute. We can be twins!" she said referring to her own hairstyle.

"Because I just washed it. I don't want you messing it up"