Ch.15 Broken Trust

Hikari's Pov

"Hikari, can you take this order to Mr. Suzuki? It's his and his wife's anniversary cake."  Mrs. Hino said from the back room. I nodded taking off my apron and hanging on its hook before picking up the cake box. Mr. Suzuki's apartment wasn't that far from the cafe. He and his wife always came in at least once a week ordering cookies and lattes. I quickly dropped off the cake and headed back to the cafe. Walking back is when I felt a familiar cold breeze. I looked around and there weren't too many people around. "Great, the perfect time to attack" I  thought to myself. I stood there for a few moments thinking what I should do. Suddenly the air no longer felt cold. All I could focus on was a strong scent. The more I took in this scent the more I was thirsty.  I walked closer towards the scent but stopped in my tracks when I made eye contact with the blue eyed boy that I was too familiar with. The longer we had this staring contest the thirstier I grew. I started to walk towards him picking up my pace as I went. I don't know what I was thinking. I wasn't gonna actually fight him was I? Someone called my name, stopping me in my tracks. I turned around to see Mr Hara.

"Hikari? Are you okay? Are you heading to work?" I turned back around and blue eyes was gone. "I was heading back." I told him turning back around to face him. He told me he was on his way to the cafe so we walked back together. One the way back I thought about that time Mr. Hara showed up when I was being chased. This was the second time he had showed up like this. Was he really just in the neighborhood or was he watching me? I mean weirder things have happened. Returning back to the cafe I drank two glasses of water within the span of a minute. Hisako watched me while finishing off a cookie.

"Someone is thirsty." She laughed. I rolled my eyes at her putting my apron back on and walked into the front. When I got back Mr. Hara was rushing out the door. He always seemed busy. He rarely showed up to school anymore. Maybe there was something going on. Our other teachers always said he had family business to attend to and that's why he was almost never there. He always seemed to be in the neighborhood though. Almost every time I had a run in with one of those boys he was there. I shook my head not wanting to think about the possibility of my teacher watching me. There were no customers right now so I started cleaning the table. When I was cleaning the last table I knocked over a glass of water. Reaching out to grab the glass when the water on the table froze. I quickly drew my hand back looking at the now frozen water. Did I do that? I touched the water and it went back to its liquid state.  I stepped back for a moment staring at the water. Waving my hand over the water it all went back into the glass. The table was dry like nothing happened.  I can control water now? What's next? 

Hisako was locking up tonight so I got  to go home first. It was windy and pretty cold but luckily the train station wasn't that far. The wind blew harder sending a chill throughout my body. I was walking along the same path I was earlier when I felt his presence. I stopped in the exact same spot where we had locked eyes earlier. I don't know how long I stood there but I jumped when I heard footsteps approaching me.

"Well, well you must be the one he can't seem to stay away from." A tall boy smirked at me.

"Who?" I asked confused. "The blue eyed boy that's been stalking you." He laughed taking a few steps closer. I stepped back with every move he made.

"Why are you so afraid hm? Akio was right you are pretty cute." So that's his name. Akio.  He tried to grab my face but I swatted his hand away. He raised his  eyebrows, surprised at my actions.  "Playing hard to get? How cute." He leaned down so we were now eye level.

"I like girls who are feisty." he winked. With that I punched him in his nose causing him to stumble back a little.

"Is that feisty enough for you?" he looked up at me angrily with blood running down his face.