Ch. 9 Kiss and Makeup

Yua's pov

I felt like I was going to throw up. My emotions were running all over the place and so was my brain. It was late but I knew I had to talk to Haru. Maybe I shouldn't be doing this. I thought, reaching for the doorknob with sweaty palms. The cold air hit my face as I walked down the familiar street remembering the last time I was here.

It was a few weeks after we broke up. Haru stopped coming to school and stopped answering his phone. I knocked on the front door calling out his name but no reply. His parents' car wasn't in the driveway. I peaked around to the back to see the back gate was unlocked. That wasn't like them. I grabbed the doorknob and it opened. Stepping inside there was nothing. Not a couch, a painting, not a single piece of evidence that a family once lived here. Every room was completely empty and so was I.

"Haru?" I called out disparately. Falling to the floor the tears I had been holding back started to spill.

"You can't just leave me here." I cried.

Here I was again, standing in front of his house with tears threatening to fall.

"Yua?" Haru puzzled, shutting the front door behind him. "What are you doing here?" he asked walking closer. I don't know how long I was standing there but I didn't hear him open the door.

"We need to talk." my voice came out more as a whisper.

"It's midnight. Couldn't this have waited until tomorrow?"

"No. I'm tired of you running away. I'm not leaving until we talk." Haru quickly looked around before grabbing my hand and leading into the house and back to his room. Nothing had changed. Everything was back in its place like the house wasn't empty a few months ago. Every picture frame, piece of furniture, even the flower pot Haru's mom kept by the front door. Being back reminded me of all the nights we would spend here watching movies and doing homework together. All the times we pulled all nighters for midterms and ended up eating way too many snacks. Then we would walk sleepily to Mystic cafe for coffee before our test.  I finally met Haru's eyes and he stared at me worried. He still had his hands wrapped around mine.

"Why did you leave?" I asked bluntly. When he didn't say anything I asked  again.

"I thought we were okay. You told me you loved me and then disappeared. Haru I tried calling you I even came back here but you were gone. Why? You left me here and that hurt!" I cried out.

"Hey don't be so loud. My parents are asleep." he said calmly. He took his free hand and tried to wipe my tears but I swatted his hand away. I stood up walking away from his bed.

"I don't even know why I came here. You obviously stopped caring about me a long time ago. And what makes matters worse is that I still love you. Even after all the shit you put me through, I still love you!" Haru pulled me into his lap. We stayed in silence until Haru spoke.

"Yua I still love you. I always will." he whispered into my ear.  I was torn. Those three words are what I waited months to hear but now I don't know what to feel.

"I know what I did was wrong but I had no intention of hurting you."

"Then why did you leave?" I mumbled. I turned to face him, still teary eyed.

"I had too. I didn't want to but I had to. I had so many family issues and they all piled up at once. The next thing I knew we were packing up and headed back to our family home. I never meant to hurt you that night. When I came back I knew that I hurt you and didnt know how to talk to you so I kept avoiding you.I meant it when I said that I loved you. I never knew if I was coming back. I thought it would be better if you forgot about me."