Ch.24 Web of lies and goodbyes

Haru's pov

I slowly opened my eyes, trying to adjust to the light. I realized I was laying on the couch. There was no need for Riyoshi to knock me out like that. I was weak from the lack of drinking blood. Riyoshi wouldn't have been able to knock me out otherwise. He's lucky I didn't feed on him. Looking over, the first thing I saw was Hikari sitting behind the coffee table reading. She hasn't changed a bit. Ever since she was a kid she was always to herself. "Hikari." I groaned, trying to sit up

"Haru?" she turned around in shock. I smiled weakly at her and she jumped into my arms. "You're okay!" she squealed.

"Yes but if you keep squishing me I won't be." I felt her smirk as she hugged me tighter.

"Hikari.." I groaned and she laughed looking up at me happily.

"Where's your sister? I need to talk to her, well both of you actually."

"I'll go get her." she smiled quickly leaving the room.

"What's your problem?" I asked Akio, who was staring at me looking pissed off.

"You're my problem." he said blankly.

"I don't see how I don't even know you." I stated.

"You don't remember me kicking your ass last time?" Akio asked with a smirk on his face.

"If I had digested more blood you wouldn't have."

"Well I'm a half breed and barely need it so why should you? You're a weak full breed, it's ok to admit."

"Say that again to my face." I snapped.

"I already did. I bet you knew about their past didn't you. You knew and you said nothing! All this time you knew they were vampires and didn't do anything." Akio snapped back.

Neither of us realized that Hikari and Yua had walked into the room along with Yua's new bodyguard.

"I wasn't allowed to say anything because I was under direct orders! I was protecting them from monsters like you. Does Hikati know you were stalking her for months?"

"Why are you so obsessed with her all of sudden. Shouldn't you be worried about your girlfriend?"

Before Haru could shoot back Yua walked up to me and slapped me across the face and it stung a lot. "Do you know how much we struggled with this! People are fucking trying to kill us and you're concerned about direct orders!"

"Yua you know I didn't lie to you on purpose."

"Is this why you left me without a word? You broke my heart, left me and then came back as if nothing happened but where the hell did you even go? Back to my parents?"

"No, I went to meet your brother. I reported to him when needed and he told me to keep my distance from you guys for a while so I did and I had to leave. But when I wasn't there he watched over you"

"We have a brother?" Yua and Hikari said at the same time.

"Were you really not gonna tell us anything?" Hikari's soft voice came up.

"That's why I told you and your sister to come here so I could tell you everything in a more calm manner until this fucker here had to ruin it by sticking his fukin nose were it doesn't belong." I pointed at Akio rage in my eyes.

"If you would have said something sooner, a lot could have been prevented. I'm pretty sure it wasn't your mission to date one of the girls." Akio snapped back.

I started towards him but Riyoshi blocked me by stepping in front of him. "You don't wanna do that, let's save you the embarrassment now alright." He tapped my shoulders before walking back next to Yua and putting his arm over her shoulder.