Ch.11 Back to You

Yua's pov

"Yua mom is calling us for breakfast!" Hikari yelled, knocking on my bedroom door. I sleepily stretched and rolled over. Immediately something felt off. I sat up and looked around my room. This wasn't my room. It was darker than normal, my bed was in the wrong place. Everything felt off. I quickly put on my shoes and walked out of the house. Instead of there being a sidewalk there was a huge pathway filled with cherry blossom trees and flowers. The surrounding buildings looked older almost like a castle. Everything felt familiar like I've been here before. I walked down a path filled with trees inhaling the scent of cherry blossoms. "Hikari's favorite." I thought. That's when I saw her waiting for me so I ran catching up to her.

"Took you long enough." she laughed and started to walk along the path. Hikari looked younger. Her face was more chubby like it was when we were little. Matter of fact she did look younger. I swear I was having deja vu. I knew I had been here before but I didn't know when. Up ahead there was a clearing along with men in suits who looked like they were ready to attack at any moment. I couldn't make out their faces. The only face I could see was Hikari's.

"Hikari where are we?" I asked.

"Home. What do you mean?" she laughed, turning around to face me. "Are you okay?" I nodded and kept walking with Hikari following me. I was dreaming. I had to be dreaming. This felt more like a memory than a dream. Whatever this place was it was huge. The land seemed like it stretched on forever. There were buildings everywhere and people walking around working. When they saw Hikari and I they bowed. Everyone's face was blurry making it hard to see who they were.

"Good morning!" Hikari bowed towards the men that were wearing an all black uniform. They did the same and went back to their positions. I needed to figure out what this place was.

"Hikari go on without me. I have something I need to do first." she nodded and kept walking happily towards the building in front of us. I picked up my pace and walked towards a rose garden. I don't know why but something brought me here. Maybe it was the bright sun shining down but the garden looks beautiful. I stood in the middle of the garden soaking up the sun's ray until I heard rusting behind me.

"I thought you'd be here." The voice laughed getting closer. I turned around to see Haru smiling at me.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned. Haru was dressed in a black uniform just like the men I had seen earlier. Like Hikari I could see his face. He stood next to me admiring the garden. The only noise was the wind rustling the bushes as we stood there in silence.

"I remember when your parents build this. You learned that in your family there was always a rose garden so you begged your mom to build one. The way your eyes lit up when she said yes was cute. You looked so adorable, like you always do."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes slightly punching his arm.

"You always come here." I looked over at him with a puzzled look.

"Anytime you're sad or something is bothering you, you come here. You come here and sit until you're ready to talk. So what's bothering you?"

"Nothing." I turned on my heels to walk away when he grabbed my hand.

"Yua you know you can't lie to me." Damn it. He was right. I always had a hard time concealing my feelings when it came to him.

"You might as well tell me now." He continued. I turned to fully face him actually looking at his face this time. He looked younger too. He wore the same soft expression on his face just like he did when we were kids.

"Haru.." I sighed leaning into his chest. He wrapped his arms around me.

"I feel like I don't belong here. A part of me feels like i'm not meant to be here while the other part is telling me I need to leave." I mumbled still in his arms.

"Yua this is your home and it always will be. No matter what happens, we'll always find our way back to each other" he told me. I pulled away to look in his eyes. He looked back at me with the same look he had when he first told me he loved me.

"C'mon your parents are probably wondering why we aren't at breakfast yet." We started to walk back towards the dining haul but I couldn't get what Haru said. I aimsley followed behind him.

"What did you mean earlier?" I asked before we entered the room. He turned back and stared at me confused.

"You said we'll always find our way back to each other. What did you mean?" He sighed before replying.

"I meant that we'll always be together. You may feel lost but i'll always come and find you. Even if you're mad at me. Even if you don't want me to, I'll always come for you. I'll always protect you. " Before I could say anything else he grabbed my hand, dragging me into a room that was filled with people and food. I saw Hikari look up from her plate and she gave me a smile and turned her attention back to the person she was talking to. Like earlier the only faces I was able to see were hers and Haru's. I sat next to my sister and served myself breakfast. Outside the large door I could hear two people talking even though I wasn't close to the door. Matter fact I was on the opposite side of the room. Most of the words I could hear came out in a whisper but there was one thing I heard forsure. "Yua and Hikari need to leave."

My eyes shot open and I immediately sat up taking in my surroundings. I looked around realizing I was at home on the couch. The coffee table was filled with my books from school and papers. That's right. I was supposed to be doing homework with Haru but I'm guessing I fell asleep.

"Haru?" I asked looking around for him. He popped his head out of the kitchen giving me a smile.

"You're up finally sleepyhead." He laughed walking out of the kitchen with a bowl of popcorn.

"How long was I sleep?" I yawned.

"A few hours." He replied shoving a handful of popcorn in his mouth. I stayed silent thinking about the dream I just had. No it wasn't a dream. Or at least it didn't feel like it. It felt familiar. Like I was having deja vu. There was a lot I didn't understand but what confused me the most is that Haru was there.

"I had a really weird dream."

"Yeah? What happened?"

"I was in a rose garden and you were there." I turned to face him but his eyes were glued to the tv. "You told me you'll always protect me." Haru tense up next to me. He stared at the tv ignoring my gaze.

"Haru does that mean anything to you. The rose garden, any of it?"

"It was just a dream Yua. It doesn't mean anything." He said coldly.

"Loose the tone I just asked you a question. I just feel like there's a deeper meaning"

"There wasn't a tone and like I said just a dream. Let it go." his voice kept the same cold tone.

"Then why are you being so defensive about it?!"

"I'm not! Just drop it okay?" He continued to chew his popcorn ignoring me every time I tried to bring the situation back up. I leaned back on the couch sighing in frustration. There's something he's not telling me. I'll get him to tell me whether he wants to or not.