Ch. 21 Bitten

Riyoshi's pov

I laid in bed waiting for Akio to get ready. I low key felt bad for the girls who were sleeping in the room across from us. They really had no idea where they came from or who they are. All this time we spent watching them and trying to capture them they didn't even know they were vampires. While the girls were still asleep Akio and I went to the store as soon as it opened so no one would notice us in case more VHA members were close by. We kept the safe house a secret from everyone there so it would be hard to find. They might be able to pick up on our scents though. We got enough to last for a while seeing we were going to stay here for the time being. A little while later we sat at the dining room table eating breakfast.

"We should probably help you train, you know in case we get attacked again." I said after eating. "Get changed and we'll meet you in the back." The back led to a forest that had a clearing. Akio and I would come here to train from time to time.

"We'll train you individually. We both specialize in something different so you have a lot to learn."

"I'll train with Akio." Hikari said, stepping closer to him grabbing his hand. I could see his cheeks turn a light pink shade. Akio rarely got flustered. "I'm sorry Riyoshi but you terrify me." Hikari said. Akio turned to face her. "And what I don't?"

"Not as much." she replied, dragging him along the path away from us. I could see them heading to the other clearing and still holding hands.

"Looks like I have no say in this. I'm stuck with a guy who doesn't know when to not be a asswhole" Yua complained with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Really princess just when I thought we were getting along." I said sarcastically, giving Yua a devilish grin.

She cut her eyes at me before speaking again. " There you go again. Do you ever stop, we've been arguing forever but I can go longer."

I sighed. "Look Princess, that's just me and you're gonna have to get used to it. If it makes you feel any better I do feel bad for hunting you down after realizing you guys didn't even know what you were."

"Wow you're capable of feeling bad?" She asked sarcastically.

I smirked at her. "Yes, I am. Don't make me take it back."

She nodded her head giving a small smile. "Ok then."

That small smile she gave caught me by surprise. She was beautiful. I couldn't lie about that. Snapping out of my thoughts I cleared my throat. "Alright how's your upper body strength?"

"I don't even know if I have upper body strength to be real with you. My legs are very strong though."

I nodded. Then walked over to the doorway to the house and tapped the training bar I had attached to it. "Think you can do at least ten pull-ups?"

"I mean I can try." She said as she walked over to me and put her hand on the bar handles.

"Switch your hands the other way." I instructed.

"Ok." She said following my instructions and slowly lifted herself up. She was doing fine for the most part until she got to six and was ready to quit. " I can't do it anymore, my arms hurt."

As she tried to drop down I grabbed her waist. I felt an electricity shoot through me as my hands touched her skin. "Keep going and make it to ten."

"I can't." She whined

"Never say you can't, you have four more tough it up." I let go of her waist and she worked up the strength and did the last four before dropping down and groaning as she hugged her arms together.