Ch. 12 Run

Yua's pov

"Has Haru said anything to you? Has he been acting weird?"

"Umm no not really." Hikari replied not paying attention to me.

"Ugh he's so frustrating. He's hiding something Hikari."

"Well that's just how he is." she replied and continued to fill her basket with snacks. She had time buy chips and candy but not time to listen to me her sister

"Are you even listening?" I sighed heavily.

"Yes but it's your relationship not mine. If he's not telling you he definitely isn't telling me."

I sighed heavily feeling bad for snapping. "I'm sorry sis." I poked out my bottom lip and had apologetic eyes.

"You're good. I know you're boy crazy. Here." She handed me a watermelon flavored popsicle.

"Yes! Thanks." I loved ice cream. Hikari knew which one was my favorite. I had been eating the same one since we were kids. We left the convenience store and headed back to the train to get home. We walked in silence for the most part with asking each other questions here and there. All of a sudden the air felt cold just like that time we were at the thrift store. I stopped and turned to Hikari who was already looking at me.

"You felt it too didn't you?" she nodded, gripping her bag closer to her. "Let's take another route."

We turned in the opposite direction and started walking a bit faster. But we came up on a dead end and when we turned around they were right there, staring at us. There were two boys who looked like they were in high school dressed in all black. One of them I immediately recognized. It was the blue eyed one that I seem to keep running into.

"You're that handsome blue eyed guy from before. Why the hell are you following me like a creep? Are you a serial killer and is he your sidekick?"

"Yua! Why are you like this?" Hikari asked me while laughing nervously. "We should be running past these psychos!"

I don't think the other guy liked what I said as I watched the blue eyes one roll his eyes and look at the other one who looked pretty pissed. Without wasting another second he started running towards us and two knives came flying towards hikari and I. I knew I had to act fast but I didn't know what to do. I just threw my arm in front of Hikari and a force field went up protecting us from the flying knives. The force field glowed red like my hair.

After the first two knives failed he sent like 5 more. This guy is really trying to kill us. He went back to his partner and whispered to him. "They're awakened" . I heard him say it but I didn't know what that meant. I was more considered with the force field I put up.

" Um Yua do I have to play BTS Run in order for you to actually realize we need to freaking run?!"

"Really? Hikari this is not the time for BTS references."

"Oh there's always time."

I rolled my eyes looking back in the direction of the boys who were now both running towards us. I had to do something quick.

I literally blinked and they suddenly stopped but I wasn't doing anything. I looked at Hikari and she seemed very focused then she looked at me and grabbed my hand and ran. We ran away as far as we could. Before stopping. "We have to go home and tell mom and dad." Hikari said, leaning over trying to catch her breath.

"No we can't involve them."

"And why not? They're our parents. Aren't they supposed to protect us?"

"Yeah but how do you think they are going to react when their daughters tell them two boys attacked them with knives? Oh and that their kids have these weird powers?"

"What are we supposed to do then?" Hikari argued.

"I dont know." I yelled back.

Honestly I was ready to cry because I was terrified but something told me involving them would be a bad idea and I didn't wanna take the chance.

"Mom and dad will be home in like an hour and half right?" I asked Hikari.

"Yea why?"

"Because we have to run Hkari. We're going home to pack a bag and we're leaving before they come back."

"But mom is gonna freak. Besides where would we go?"

"Yea but dad is suspect as hell Hikari. You know it. Let's go, we're wasting time."

I started walking but Hikari just stood there and I walked back over to her. "Hey pull it together we don't have time for this please cry later Hikari."

Nodding her head she wiped her tears and we ran towards our house. It took us 12 minutes to get home. But we kept moving. I grabbed a backpack and a suitcase. I am not leaving my beautiful clothes here. I refused. I could hear Hikari in her room crying while she packed. At one point it sounded like she dropped something. I went to go ask if she was okay when she came into my room standing in the door frame.

Hikari looked me in the eyes almost pleading with me. Her grey eyes were still sad and full of tears. "We have to try and talk to them Yua we can't just leave!"

"Hikari --"

"No Yua we don't even know where we're going or who's after us. Hell or even why. And don't forget we now have super powers. We have to wait this out. Please?" she begged.

I sighed but I knew she was right. She had her moments where she can take charge and I guess that was now. "Ok fine but the minute I think we're in danger we're gone okay."

"Deal."

I sat down on my bed letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "We'll figure this out." Hikari told me, taking a seat next to me. She was right. We needed to find out who those boys were and where these powers came from. I was lost in my thoughts when Hikari's stomach growled.

"C'mon let's go start dinner." I laughed.