Ch.22 The Calm before the Storm

Hisako's Pov

Hikari and Yua had been gone for almost 3 weeks. Haru has been missing too. He hasn't been answering my calls or texts. I needed to find them. Hikari's note bothered me. I knew she was trying to tell me something but what? Was the stalker she had talked about back? So many what if's ran through my mind as I walked up Hano's driveway. The curtains had be drawn back. The house looked empty but I could see Mrs. Hano walking out of her office. I happily waved at her but she looked back at me terrified. She quickly walked out of sight and the front door swung open revealing a bitter Mr.Hano. What's with them?

"Hi Mr. Hano. Are the-"

"Don't speak." he hissed in a voice full of anger. I've never seen someone with so much anger.

"They're not here so go home." he went to shut the door but I stopped it with my foot.

"You seem like you don't care that your daughters are missing. "

"Because I don't." He cut me off again before I could finish. Pushing my foot from the door he slammed the door in my face and closed the curtains. Well that was a fail. I thought walking away from the Hano house. Mr. Hano had alway seemed a little weird but this was on a whole new level. Every time I would come over he would almost never be there, always working late and coming back in the early mornings. Hikari told me about some of his outburst in the past. Maybe this side of him was the real him. 

"This is it. I know she was here." 

I just need to pick up on her scent then this should work. I sat down on a bench and waited for the train. I checked the train number once more. It  matched up with what I saw before. Closing my eyes I focused on the scents around me once I locked onto Hikari's scent. This would guide me to her but I had to stay concentrated since the scent was faint and she was already very far.

I followed it to the first stop which was Yokohama and I was led to an abandoned church. I walked around the area the church was in and I caught two more scents, definitely male and definitely vampires. Did they have something to do with why they left?

"I swear if that stalker has her I'm going to kill him."

I tracked the scents for a little while longer until I ended up in Yokosuka. Walking to a nearby alley I caught scents of a lot of vampires but the scents weren't complete in some way because they smelled human at the same time.

The only two scents that concerned me were Hikari's and the scent of death. Someone definitely died here. Hikari's scent gave me the chills because  it was different from what is was in the church. It still smelled like her but something had changed. I knew she was in danger.

It took me till the next morning but I finally tracked Hikari's scent to a cabin and then my eyes locked on her but she wasn't alone. I locked eyes with a boy who looked around our age. The stalker? I thought. I wasn't sure but he was in the way of me getting to Hikari and he had to go down.

"Hikari!" I yell running towards her. She turned around with wide eyes.

I started walking towards them when Hikari looked at me and the boy turned around. That's when I started running ready to attack. My legs flew at him first he dodged almost immediately but he's not fast enough for me. As soon as my foot missed him the other foot went for the kick and it landed perfectly right in the back of his neck.

"Ahcck" he grunted aloud as he hit the ground and looked up at me wide-eyed, shocked and confused.

"What did you do to her?! Why does she smell like a vampire?!"

"Why do you smell like one huh?" he shot back.

"Uh uh I'm asking the questions what did you do to my best friend you jerk!?"  He stood in front of Hikari sticking his arms out, standing between her and I.