Ch.6 Trust

Flashback

"Here's the last of the final paperwork Mr. and Mrs. Hano. When you're done I'll take you to the girls."

"Thank you." Naomi smiled.

"Do you think the girls will be okay? Last time Yua was a little cold." Koshiro grabbed his wife's hand to reassure her.

"Honey everything will be fine. I'm sure she's just worried about living with a new family. And she's young, she's only 11."

Naomi sighed before smiling at her husband. "You're right. Let's go get our girls."

"Hikari your room is on the left and Yua your room is right across. I'll let you unpack. Let us know if you need anything." Noami beamed before heading downstairs.

"Oneesan will you help me unpack?" Yua nodded following her sister into her new room. The girls unpack mostly in silence, exchanging a few words here and there. 

"You're quiet. What's up?" Yua asked, folding the last shirt and putting it in the drawer.

"You have said anything either." Hikari mumbled. The room stayed silent before Hikari spoke again.

"Do you not feel comfortable here?" she asked.

"I don't know." Yua answered " Something just doesn't feel right Hikari."

"About what?"

"Everything. I feel like I'm forgetting something really important and I can't figure it out." Yua confided in Hikari sitting on her sister's bed.

"Maybe you're just overthinking it. Let it go for now it'll come back." Hikari told Yua

"Maybe you're right." Yua nodded getting up. "Ok i'm gonna go check out my room and unpack.

Yua walked into her looking around at all the cardboard boxes that filled her new room. She walked to the boxes on her bed and started to put things away. "I guess this is home now." she thought to herself looking at the photoframe she pulled out of a box. It was a picture of her and Hikari one summer at the beach. She smiled and placed the picture on her dresser. Yua continued to unpack but the uneasy feeling never left.  A few hours later she laid in bed starting up at the ceiling unable to fall asleep.

"Maybe I should watch something." Yua sat up and pulled her laptop from her desk. Sitting crossed legged looking for something to watch. After a few minutes and finally finding something to watch it was time to get comfortable.

"Inuyasha is it." I clicked play.

Yua binged inuyasha for about an hour and a half before my eyes grew heavy. Closing her laptop and pulled the blankets over herself. She tossed and turned all night before finally falling asleep.

Upon hearing my room door open and Hikari running in with a big smile on her face. Jumping on my bed she looked at me. "How did you sleep?"

"It was ok but I still don't feel too comfortable."

"It's ok. Let's go, they made breakfast." Hikari excitedly hopped off the bed running towards the kitchen. Yua yawned, lazily followed after her. Walking into the kitchen she sat next to her sister. Yua looked at the food on the table causing her stomach to growl. To be fair it did look pretty good and I'm really hungry. There was salted salmon, miso soup, rice, a rolled omelet, and tofu. Yua knew her sister would be happy since it was one of her favorite meals.

"Dig in girls." Naomi said, placing a hot cup of tea next to our plates.

"Thank you for the meal." Hikari and Yua said in unison before completely demolishing their plates.