{39} Treading the path of Devil

Days passed. Dong Hua and Feng jiu spent almost all of their time together. While Lian Song and Cheng Yu kept Dong Hua updated, Yan Chiwu, Fang lei, and Ji Heng were missing. And certainly, suspicions arose about the mysterious cave. 

Dong Hua had a strong feeling that something was gonna happen. And that's why he had decided that he'd spend a few days in the mortal realm with Feng Jiu. Until she healed completely at least. He would stay as long as he could because after that well according to the feeling he got Tang Yin ought to be planning something diabolical and big. He didn't want Feng Jiu to be hurt in the slightest. And for that matter, he knew that the jade imprinted with the unicorn was unique and would protect her, at least from Tang Yin's dark magic.

He cast all worrying thoughts aside and focused on being with Feng Jiu. He didn't care about his cultivation or backlash. It was nothing much, but it still needed time to heal and as such would reduce his battle prowess.

Feng Jiu and he were sitting at the dining table, eating soupy noodles. Out in the area, it was raining. 

"Where is Fang lei?" she asked casually. "They haven't even come to see me..." she pouted.

Dong Hua paused and then replied softly, " I told them to investigate something for me."

"Oh," Feng Jiu thought for a moment and then grinned.

Dong Hua raised his brows slightly.

"Then will Di Jun stay with me?" she asked in a small voice, however, her eyes were filled with stars and bold.

Dong Hua didn't say anything and just beckoned to her. She was puzzled but she stepped towards him anyway.

He leaned towards her ear and whispered, "As long as I don't drink oblivion water and forget all about you."

Feng Jiu stepped back and sullenly glared at him.

---

Watching movies, during which Feng Jiu would fall asleep and yet again Dong Hua would be carrying her into her room. They would visit places, play together. Feng Jiu was kind of lively which affected Dong Hua too. It was like he had discovered his inner child or something. If Feng Jiu was doing something foolish and mischievous he'd just smile and go along with it. He would never impose any kind of restrictions on Feng Jiu. He would always let her do what she wished and never held her back.

He knew she was small, too young. While he was basically an old man, even if he was painfully handsome. Maturity was something, which couldn't be forced. He couldn't force Feng Jiu to live like him, neither force her to live in any way she didn't want. Instead, unknowingly his old fogey personality was changing into something it never was. Warm and youthful.

He couldn't help but rub her adorable head, kiss her forehead, hug her close. It was like he was getting addicted every day. He felt like he was holding an extremely precious treasure in his palm. Not as fragile as it seemed, but he still wanted to protect her.

Also, he didn't want her to know about Tang Yin. He had to fight Tang Yin. He knew she was up to something and that she would be powerful because of the devil Dao. He could sense it. She was provoking Dong Hua. And her confidence told that she wasn't completely powerless against him.

 On the other hand, Dong Hua was somewhat weaker. He could only use seventy percent of his powers because of the backlash. But if he told her he was going to fight alone, she would follow him. He didn't tell her because he knew her. She wouldn't leave Di Jun, whether fighting a formidable foe or fighting against fate. That was just her. She would join him unhesitatingly. Just like she jumped in the soul locking Jade when he was fighting with countless ghosts. He wasn't even in much danger but got herself injured.