{1} Bai Feng Jiu

I suggest reading the story description first. It doesn't matter if you haven't read or watched the original series. This story is similar and also different to it. It is just as how I imagine my most beloved characters.

This novel has been a great experience for me as I felt my writing improve with every chapter.

This story has also been fully edited and ready for you to read.

Characters are mentioned again at the end of this chapter
---

//Ten miles of peach blossoms//

"Zhen Zhen"

God Zhe Yan, who was sitting on a tree from his Peach blossom forest, called out eyeing Bai Zhen who was walking towards him.

A small smile played on his lips.

He jumped down with elegance and cocked his head to one side.

"Lord Zhe Yan." Bai Zhen greeted him by cupping his hand. 

Zhe Yan raised his eyebrows, thinking how this brat remembered to greet him.

"I was wondering if I could have some wine." Bai Zhen said.

Lord Zhe Yan nodded and motioned him to walk sit on the table he had placed in front of them out of nowhere using magic arts.

"Feng Jiu is here?" Bai Zhen asked. Zhe Yan shook his head.

Bai Zhen sighed and whined, "Lao Feng(old phoenix), I guess I'll have to save Xiao Jiu from second brother's wrath again."

"Feng Jiu is indeed lively...Is she making trouble again?... Wait did you just call me old?"

Lord Zhe Yan lightly squinted, his face carrying slight traces of sulkiness.

"Yes, Where is the lie in that?" He laughed.

Zhe Yan eyed him and shook his head.

"She has always been notorious. Sometimes she resembles Bai Qian from when she was young...Brother is a little worried about her. After all, she is the future empress of Qingque."

"She'll only grow up when she meets her trials. Right now, she's young and candid. Isn't it better than being mature and reserved?"

"Forget it. Let's drink." He smiled, drinking the wine that lord Zhe Yan poured him.

---

"Sister Feng Jiu!"

Jingwei ran to her, as Bai Feng Jiu was baking her favorite sorrowless cakes for her friend Chengyu inside the kitchen.

She was the princess of the Qing Que, The nine-tailed White Fox Tribe. But she was the only red fox.

"You're back?" he asked. 

She had just come back from a duel with some other goddess.

"Or what? Tell me, what are you here for?" Feng Jiu casually asked.

"Lord Bai Zhen is calling for you." He said, breathlessly. She laughed.

"Hey, Birdie, didn't you fly here?" she couldn't help but say when she saw him huff and puff. "Anyway, Tell Uncle that I haven't come back yet."

"Sister Feng Jiu! Please go back with me."

"Okay, but first drop me at Chengyu's place. I'll visit him afterwards" She said energetically and bounced out of the fox cave with the box of cake.

Bai Feng Jiu sat on Jingwei, who was her uncle's mount, and her classmate. They flew over the clouds.

"Fly a little down Jingwei, I want to enjoy the scenery."