{18} The mysterious fairy Di Jun brought home

"Let me dress your wound."

"Don't run around for the next few days. Go rest." He waved his hand at her and told her to leave.

She glared at him. The red phoenix mark on her forehead seemed to be brighter.

He still ignored her and regulated his own breathing and stopped his bleeding. Her eyes that never left him turned a little bitter losing their previous hint of anger.

"Who would've known the most respected god would also injure himself so badly. " Feng jiu said as she rolled her eyes at him, while Dong hua lips slightly turned up at her jab.

She didn't dare ask about Tang Yin and him. It's not like she couldn't or she wasn't sure if he would tell her everything. It was just that she didn't want to be hurt. And right at this moment, she knew already that they weren't meant to be and if they could be something it wouldn't be more than friends. But she couldn't turn away from him. Like always, she'd rather stay with him in any way possible.

She wondered if she would just follow him on 24 seven with the same energy she had when she first came to Tai Chen Palace if she hadn't heard Si Ming talk to Cheng Yu about her fate with Dong Hua. It felt unfair every time she thought about it. Shouldn't fate be created by actions? How can it all be prewritten? Does it mean that our emotions are vain against our fate or that our emotions aren't ours?

Di Jun removed his gown and sat on the bed. Feng Jiu slowly took a box of ointment out of her bag.

"Is it the cotton rose ointment?" he asked. She lifted her eyes to look at him.

"Yes. I don't have any other right now." He gave her a small chuckle.

"I also have one. My fox made it for me."

"You still have it?" She asked.

' I almost forgot he doesn't know that I was the fox.'

He looked into her eyes and then lowered his eyes hinting her to apply it. She gulped and helped Di Jun slowly remove his robe. Her heart raced faster with seconds passing by. Her cheeks grew warmer. His muscular body was covered with new scars and there were a few remains of the old ones. He might have been really injured in the past for him to have scars given his huge cultivation.

"It's okay to be injured. Gaining cultivation is all about falling down brutally and picking yourself up again and again."

Is that how he lived? I read he used to fight in a lot of wars before it was so peaceful. He had nothing at all, no cultivation, and no parents. And yet here is he.

The more she looked at him the more she couldn't look away.

"Di Jun I'm afraid this won't be enough. This ointment is for small cuts. How about you take a medicinal bath instead?"

"You know a lot about medicine."

"I am an incorrigible troublemaker and always get my friends hurt so I know a few things." She said.

"You're not incorrigible. You're young. Everyone wants you to grow up in a day. But I think you'll grow mature with time and you'll surely be a kind and brave empress." He said.

She gave out a small breath. It was true. Although everyone liked her liveliness, she knew they thought she was immature. Her father wanted her to marry a good man so that she would make a little less trouble and would be settled. In fact, her family loved her too much but still hearing Dong Hua she felt kinda relieved kinda happy, and kinda sad.

"I'm already kind and brave." She said with a soft smile.

"You'll be a wise empress."

"Of course."