{41} Leaving Feng Jiu behind

Lian Song and Cheng Yu were given the work of opening a gap between the shield which was blocking the path to go back to the heavenly realm. They both performed various incantations. In fact, they had been trying for days. One of the reason was they couldn't contact anyone in the upper realm, nor use many powers in the mortal realm. Thus the process was very slow. 

"Uh, I'm tired." Lian Song whined shifting over to Cheng Yu, who looked equally tired yet focused. 

"Di Jun is going to the cavern tonight. We have to focus on this. If we can break it, Tang Yin will be trapped there and Di Jun will bring back everyone. Just hold on a bit okay?" she said.

"I will if you give me a kiss," he said smiling at her.

"How can you even joke in this situation?" she said trying to show disdain.

"I'm doing this because it's this situation," he said with a chuckle. Cheng Yu looked over at him and sighed internally.

"Tang Yin. I've read about her in forbidden books. When she first used dark magic, she massacred a whole desert in a month on her own. According to Dong Hua, they are the ruins of the great ancient war. No one knows what they are doing in the mortal realm. However, the spells weakened because there is a legacy in there. If she accepts it and comes out..."

"I know. She won't. We just have to carry out the plan carefully and efficiently" Cheng Yu said clenching her teeth. Lian Song quickly bent over and kissed her cheek leaving Cheng Yu flustered and angry.

"I like you more like this," he said pretending to cry as Cheng Yu threw a punch in his face.

---

It was dark outside. The moon was full. The air was heavy. At least around Dong Hua. Feng Jiu and Dong Hua were coming back from a small date before the big date plans regarding the Qing Que festival. Feng Jiu was carrying a huge bouquet of flowers Dong Hua had surprised her with. Since morning she wouldn't part with them. She put a peach mochi inside her mouth and hugged Dong Hua, making him smile. She popped another peach mochi into her mouth and offered one to Dong Hua. But he leaned in to kiss her instead and then ate the peach mochi from Feng Jiu's hand while she was flushed. He liked to tease her.

"I think I've never eaten these many sweets in my life." Dong Hua said thoughtfully. Feng Jiu whirled around as they reached the hall and giggled.

"I haven't danced in so long. I feel like I'm getting out of practice," she said.

"Can you dance?"

"What do you take me for Di Jun? If you don't believe me I can show you," she said boldly moving towards him in a challenge.

"I'm not sure If I am a great judge," he said raising his arms in the air. She narrowed her eyes.

"You don't need to be biased. You can tell me the truth after I finish my performance," she said and kicked the shopping bags aside. A zither materialized in front of Dong Hua.

"Is that fine?" he asked Feng Jiu in an amusing tone.

"How boring. I've observed the dance of the mortal realm. We are really outdated now Di Jun. Although I'm quite good at the traditional dance too. I'll show you that some other day. For this dance I need you." she said with a mischievous light in her eyes. 

'Oh' was all he said. She took his hands in hers and placed one around her waist and the other on her shoulder. He smiled lightly when Feng Jiu bit her lip shyly. She was the one making all moves, he was doing nothing other than following her. Yet it was her who was blushing from ear to ear. She taught him the simple backward and forward movements and they slowly started dancing settling on a rhythm.