{27} Ye Hua fights Tang Yin

Feng Jiu ran into the fox den, And then she saw her father with his hands clasped at his back, he returned her gaze. He emanated a strong and solemn personality. She smiled brightly and ran straight lock herself in his embrace. His face showed no particular emotions but he looked pleased and patted on her head which was in his chest.

"You're back?" he asked.

"No, I'll be back a few days later. Or when would I have the chance to look around the nine heavens again?" She pouted.

"You can always go and visit your Aunt."

"Won't I be the future empress then?" She said as she walked into the fox cave with her father. He smiled when he heard her and thought to himself that his little Xiao Jiu has grown up so much.

"You aren't making any more trouble?"

"No, You can ask Aunt and Uncle if you don't trust me." She said with a smug look. Although she giggled on the inside imagining the trip to the mortal realm. The fox king nodded.

"Xiao Jiu, although Cang Yi was a great choice and you've missed the boat, I want you to settle down with a great man. Whoever it is you like you can bring him."

"I don't like anyone right now."

"Maybe you don't, now. But you have to open your heart to like someone." Her father said clearing his throat.

"Are you that eager to send me off?" She asked as she frowned.

"Of course not. It's the wish of every parent to find a suitable match for their children and see them being happy throughout their lives." her father said. Feng Jiu was a little taken aback. Although she had a nice bond with her father, they never really talked heart to heart. She then smiled as brightly as she could.

"I won't disappoint you." is all she could say. Her eyes watered a bit as she thought of Dong Hua. Her heart seemed to be squeezed under pressure. She would have to marry someone else who won't be Dong Hua someday right? She really couldn't imagine herself with anyone else. She buried her head in her father's lap and blinked the tears away.

"Okay okay, I won't bother you for a while," he said patting her head. Feng Jiu remembered when Dong Hua asked her to pat his head last time.

He had no parents. That means he had no one to pat him to sleep. He must have been really really lonely. She felt a lot guilty about saying what she said. Now she knew why Dong Hua told her that she was cold.

Maybe I overdid it. After all, I can be his good friend no matter what. Maybe I can actually eliminate my feelings as I stay with him. Maybe I'll start seeing him as a friend.

Although that was a vain wish, she continued to think about how she should be good to Dong Hua and make up for all the years he had no one. She also felt a lot excited about him going with her now.