{30} Friends with Dong Hua Di Jun

The mortal realm

Yan, Fang Lei, and Feng Jiu walked together. While Dong Hua walked just behind them, his eyes glued to Feng Jiu. They were laughing and chatting happily. Xiao Yan looked back at Dong Hua and commented, "Does he have to be so aloof? If he had to stay that way why did he come?"

"Xiao Yan he's different from us. Not everyone likes to be with a lot of people." Feng Jiu whispered. Fang lei's hands were in his pocket as he silently listened to what they were talking about.

"He's opposite of you." Yan laughed. Feng Jiu just gave him a small smile and sighed internally.

"Yan ge(brother) does he even like Ji Heng?" Fang Lei asked.

"Why wouldn't he. She's ..."

"Yan..." Feng Jiu yelled before he could start his Ji heng session again.

"Well, you know she's the most beautiful woman in the entire world. That being said, I think the real reason he's here is to see Ji Heng. Or would he just come here for your debt thing?" Yan chiwu said casually.

"He doesn't necessarily like her. I mean she ran away..." Feng Jiu said bowing her head.

"Well, a man knows other man's feelings better. Huh, Fang lei?" Fang Lei looked at them for a moment before replying and then just nodded. While Feng Jiu pouted sadly.

She leisurely walked, while Yan Chiwu and Fang Lei seemed to have engaged in an entertaining conversation. She deliberately lagged behind, her eyes shining with mischief.

Revenge time! But wait lemme think. What do I do? I should do something that would scare Yan and Lei witless. She giggled silently. As she moved back a few steps to she bumped into Dong Hua's hard chest.

He looked down at her. She immediately jumped away from him.

"You've brought me to the mortal realm and you don't even keep me company." He said looking straight ahead.

"Huh?...umm why would I?"

"Isn't it part of the deal, one I'll stay with you, and two you cook for me?"

"Stay...does it mean I have to stay with you all the time?"

"Of course... But you're angry with me. How can we live together if we don't become friends and live in harmony." He said as a matter of factly

"Live in harmony? What? I told you I'm not angry. At least not at you..."

"Then you are indeed angry." he pointed out. Feng Jiu felt conflicted at this time. Her choice had been simple when she loved him from afar. But now that they were gonna be constantly in contact she wasn't sure if she would be able to not entertain any silly thoughts about him.

She said nothing and crossed her arms avoiding his eyes. Dong Hua stared at her for a while. Silence lapsed between them as they stood still next to each other. Their eyes locked. Feng Jiu's eyes contained her emotions well, managing to not let anything display.

"What do you want me to do Xiao Bai?" He asked softly. "I just want to be friends with you again. You were the only one I cherished even back then," he said. He sounded somewhat earnest.

Only one? Cherished? Xiao Bai? Whenever he calls me that I can't focus on the facts.

"Umm..." This made her feel awful. Her heartbeat was slow but she could feel every drum all the way up to her head. What does she say now? What does she do? He looked so enchanting, so lonely. She indeed wanted to embrace him at all costs. What those words really mean, she didn't know. But something in her told her to stay with him, as long as she can. As long as she loves him. Just when she became too engrossed in her thoughts. Dong Hua gave out a small sigh.