{40} The ruins of Ancient clans

A princess covered in dread, a prince stood with a solemn expression, and a young lord slashing his sword for the millionth time all to no avail. A girls' head popped out of the well. Her long hair covered her face and flew around in all directions just stopping centimeters away from the three of them.

"She again." Ji Heng cried.

"It's the only place which is somewhat safe in here." Fang Lei said, trying to be comforting to the poor girl. She glared at him and then at Yan Chiwu who tried to slash the woman's hair.

"Don't. You will anger her." Fang Lei screamed. Yan Chiwu crossed his arms and said, "Is she even scary? Just close your eyes, Ji Heng. Today I'll either take her with me or pull her hair out"

He almost crawled towards the woman with the hair flowing around her. He had a smug look on his face but inwardly he was creeped out. But how could he chicken out in front of Ji Heng? So he took one step at a time. The woman seemed to groan. That stopped Yan Chiwu in place, his eyes growing wide. The woman's hair came closer to him. Laughter rang out in the area. It was a laugh but felt more like crying.

"What the hell." Tears flowed out of Ji Heng's eyes. While Yan Chiwu's soul almost left his body.

"I'm ....I'm so sorry..." he mumbled. The wet hair wrapped around his body and he screamed. "I promise I won't disturb you...and won't disrespect you. Please leave me alone." he blurted clasping his hands together. But the wet hair tightened around him pulling him towards the well.

"Shit." Fang Lei stood up.

"Is he...Is she going to take him away for good?... I mean..." Ji Heng said in horror.

"I know you've taken a liking to me...but this is creepy, If you approach guys like that they won't fall for you...but if you approach them nicely that would do the trick." The ghost woman seemed to stop for a bit backing down a little. Yan Chiwu sighed in relief.

"But even if you approach me I won't fall because I'm already in love with someone...Let me tell you how to approach guys the next time someone comes who isn't already in love...Oh, wait did you die before you could get married. Is that why you...Ayya doesn't worry. Brother will give you tips."

Both Ji Heng and Fang Lei were staring wide-eyed because all of the Yan's rambling seemed to even affect the ghost. She seemed to run out of patience.

Her hair flowed back to her and her body slowly went back into the well.

"Ayya sister. Don't go just yet." Yan called out, putting his sword on his shoulder. He seemed disappointed. When the ghost completely went inside the well, he turned and shrugged. Ji Heng stared at him completely speechless.

"She could have waited a bit longer. I seriously had tips for her." he sighed.

"You're crazy. It's all because of you we're here in the first place." Ji Heng cried. "Just don't do anything okay. Don't provoke creatures like her."

Yan frowned and then walked all the way to her and sat down. He gave her a small and cute smile which only earned Ji Heng's disgusted face. She was officially done with Yan. Fang Lei laughed.

"I think This place is gonna open soon." Fang Lei said thoughtfully.

"Really?" Ji Heng beamed.

"Di Jun will notice the abnormality soon." He said.

Our cutie demon lord, oh sugar foxes🦊🧁

---

Dong Hua was gazing at his Xiao Bai lovingly. He covered up with the blanket that she had kicked aside in sleep when her eyes snapped open. He closed his eyes almost suddenly so that she won't leave the bed soon. Surely he was right. She woke up with a huge smile and snuggled into his arms. She had to cover her mouth not to let any giggle escape that would wake Di Jun. She poked his cheeks.

"Dong Hua" she murmured with emotion. Dong Hua frowned though it was imperceptible. Feng jiu snuggled into his chest more as she recalled the last nights' events. She smiled.

If I have one thing that is that I'm tenacious. I'm not gonna give up on you.

She then broke herself free from his arms and got up much to Dong Hua's disappointment. She chuckled and left the room. Almost as immediately as she left, Dong Hua coughed and sat up. He coughed more and then he coughed blood. Backlash. He clenched his teeth and wiped the blood.

Feng Jiu was decorating her cake. She was so immersed that she didn't notice Dong Hua's figure in the background. He wrapped his arms around Feng Jiu's waist making her jump. She immediately turned to him wide-eyed.

He was chuckling and rubbing his nose, "Xiao Bai, you almost broke my nose."

"It's you who sneaked up on me...Are you okay?" She narrowed her eyes at Di Jun. He shrugged and took her hand in his.

"What do you want from me? I'm doing something right now," she whined.

"I just wanted to hug you," he said innocently. She blushed.

"Oh."

"Will you go on a date with me?" he asked looking into her eyes, then at her forehead where he had concealed the phoenix flower mark. He touched it and it appeared again. 

He smiled then softly did an incantation and the stone which Tang Yin had wanted all along came out. He eyed it and then put it away. Feng Jiu was speechless this whole time. Her heart raced with each of his little touches. She gulped. He raised his eyebrows in amusement. She nodded.

"When?" she asked.

"Didn't you say you wanted to attend the Qing Que festival? It's in a few days," he said.

"Are we going back?" she shrieked in excitement. He nodded smiling back.

___________________________________________

Sorry I'm late. I'm kinda having a stressful week ugh.