{44} Queen of Qing que

"Xiao Jiu!" Bai Qian called. Feng Jiu was in her yard seemingly lost in thought. Her aunt's voice stirred her heart. It was her empress ceremony today but she couldn't calm down one bit. Will Dong Hua return to the Qingque when the festival starts? Would Di Jun come back soon? Her aunt stepped into the fox cave. Feng Jiu didn't have the heart to look at her. Bai Qian appeared before her nonetheless. She raised her head silently and hugged her aunt, silently sobbing in her embrace.

"What is up with you Feng Jiu?" Bai Qian asked with a frown. She deeply cared for her niece and knew how immature she was. Like she was once. But she was also the one who believed in her the most.

"Gugu, do you know when Di Jun will come back?" She asked with a whisper-soft voice.

"What do you mean Xiao Jiu. You told me you gave up on him, didn't you? Are you crying for him again?"

"No Gugu Di Jun.., he loves me too. I was in the mortal realm with Yan and Lei and there was Di Jun too." she blushed despite her tears. Countless memories swelling her heart.

"Huh? So where is he now? Did he hurt you? Don't worry I can turn his Tai Chen palace upside down if that's the case." Anger flashed through her face and Bai Qian supported her up. Feng Jiu wiped her tears.

"No...He is still in the mortal realm. But I'm afraid he's in danger...what do I do aunt? I can't even go back. There is a restriction..." more tears made their way down her cheeks.

"A restriction? I'll check it out with Ye Hua. Xiao Jiu today is your empress ceremony. I'm sure he wants you to give your best and so do your subjects. You can't abandon them, can you? If you wanna go find him I'll go with you after this. I know you love him. But there is nothing you can do right now. I'll try with Ye Hua okay?"

"Aunt you have to..." She wiped her tears and looked at Bai Qian with resolve and determination. Bai Qian gave her a wry smile and wiped her cheeks.

---

The empress ceremony was almost completed. Feng Jiu was focused and solemn. It was a first. She strengthened her heart and completed the test left by her ancestors to inherit the title of empress. The crowd cheered. Most liked Feng jiu but today she was extra savage. In her mind, she wanted nothing more than to complete the ceremony and going to Dong Hua. But she knew it would disappoint him and her family and also her subjects.

Even her father was surprised at Feng Jiu's behavior. He had heard of her moping but didn't know the reason. He was also very worried that her spoiled daughter wouldn't participate wholeheartedly in the ceremony. But even though he was wrong he still felt a little sad. After all, he knew how cheerful Feng Jiu was. Anyone who knew Feng Jiu never saw her so solemn before. Her father might be strict but he loved her daughter more than anyone. He even thought of going to Dong Hua and asking him to marry her. He didn't know they already fell in love. He believed his daughter still yearned for that unapproachable god. But her behavior today assured him that her daughter was much more strong than she let on. His heart softened on the thought.

Feng jiu was crowned and the ceremony concluded. Everyone started dispersing. Ye Hua and Bai Qian looked at each other and then back to Feng Jiu. Feng Jiu was frowning at their weird behavior.

"Feng jiu..." Bai Qian started.

"It's okay, aunt. I'll just wait for Di Jun to come. If he doesn't, I'll try to break the barrier until it will break. Even if it takes days." She said and turned into fox form and ran away.

"Ye Hua... I'm worried about her." Bai Qian sighed as her husband wrapped his hands around her waist and pulled her close.

"Qian Qian don't be overly worried. She has her own feelings and life, we shouldn't interfere much. If she truly loves Di Jun maybe she'll eventually reach him. Plus I don't think either of them lacks fortune or luck or even stubbornness."