{28} Does the past really matter?

Bai Qian had been sitting beside Ye Hua for three hours. She had put Mochi (Li) to sleep as it was late in the evening. Ye Hua then opened his eyes to see her frowning. She hadn't moved an inch since Feng Jiu had brought him back. She immediately rose up and sat on the bed burying her head in his chest.

"Ye Hua

"Ye Hua..." She said, her voice slightly breaking. Ye Hua slowly sat up and caressed her head and kissed her on the forehead.

"I'm sorry, Qian Qian," he said. "It's my duty as the crown prince. I have to do it. It was a damp squib, she ran away. That means I'll have to try harder." he said looking off into the distance.

"Then take me with you. I'll handle it with you. Whoever it is."

"Calm down, Di Jun is already with me on the case," he said.

"You're so tenacious." She said.

"Learning from the best," he said with a soft smile.

"Then have you thought if something happened to you I'll elope with a man even younger than you." She asked looking into his eyes. Ye Hua was already half her age.

"Do you think I'd be dead so easily? Even if I died, I will still be a ghost and then I will haunt every man you try to date. And I'd be lying in your bed with you every day. I won't leave for the netherworlds either."

"You sound so creepy." She laughed. He smiled back and pulled her into his arms.

"Now you're mine, Qian Qian. I won't die and I won't let you go." He said turning her around on the bed. She softly pushed him away but he grabbed her wrists. Their eyes locked. And the air around them seemed to grow hotter.

"You're injured." She blurted out as a blush spread across her face.

"I'm fine. I missed you," he replied. He touched her nose with his. His eyes as deep as the ocean as he stared right at her, who was regarded as the top beauty in all four seas and eight deserts. Bai Qian, who was a high goddess and respected by everyone. Bai Qian, his wife. Qian Qian, who was still shy but very bold when it came to certain things. Feng Jiu had been similar to her in that.l aspect. The next moment his lips were on hers. She kissed him back.

"Where are my clothes?" She asked as she blushed even more.

"I removed them with magic," he said simply.

"You..." She quickly covered them with a blanket with a shy complaisant smile.

---

Feng Jiu told Dong Hua everything she saw. She lead him into the forest where the cave had been. Although it was night now and she was really poor with directions. She kept looking around along with Dong Hua but the place was nowhere to be found.

"We've been going in circles XiaoBai." Di jun said finally. She turned around to answer him. She pouted, after all, she was from Qingque and still couldn't figure out the way.